• Register
  • Help

Topic: Obtaining the score for film soundtracks?

Share/Bookmark

Obtaining the score for film soundtracks?

I was wondering how I could obtain scores for soundtracks? I\'ve been advised a couple times to get the scores to classical pieces to study.. but I\'d much rather study modern film scores.

Thanks!

Re: Obtaining the score for film soundtracks?

http://www.soniccontrol.com/books/williams_study.shtml

You\'ll have to watch out though, \'cos there might be some brass in them. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Well that\'s what I\'m hoping for.. so I can learn [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Hasen:
    http://www.soniccontrol.com/books/williams_study.shtml

You\'ll have to watch out though, \'cos there might be some brass in them. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">LOL!!!!!

Hasen, you are referring only to the signature series, I think without they\'d be cheaper without a J. Williams \"brass\" sign (lol)...

Do you have also any recommandations for me, as I live in Germany? Just don\'t like the idea of international shipping. Some not that high priced as 375,- or what I saw... Just want to see the orchestration [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hansi

Originally posted by MDesigner:
    Well that\'s what I\'m hoping for.. so I can learn [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Cool. I had an idea tha might be the reason. Its a bit late now though \'cos you didn\'t buy any brass libraries! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Originally posted by PolarBear:
    Hasen, you are referring only to the signature series, I think without they\'d be cheaper without a J. Williams \"brass\" sign (lol)...

Do you have also any recommandations for me, as I live in Germany? Just don\'t like the idea of international shipping. Some not that high priced as 375,- or what I saw... Just want to see the orchestration [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hansi
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well I live in England and I buy from there. The delivery service from there is great! I paid for the top priority option and it arrived to me in just two days! As regards the $375+ ones, you don\'t want those; they are the full set with indidvidual music parts for each musician in an orchestra. You want the conductor\'s score which is basically the $50 or thereabouts. They should have both versions of each for each score. The conductor\'s score comes in a bound A3 book.

We have all the John Williams scores, too.
    http://www.truespec.com/store/books/johnwilliams/index.shtml

Where can I get non-John Williams scores? John Williams is good.. but hey.. gotta have some variety in styles when studying these things.

Thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Unfortunately, these are the only published scores available excepting the Red Pony Suite by Aaron Copland (Boosey and Hawkes), On the Waterfront Suite by Bernstein (Schirmer), and Symphonia Antartica by Ralph Vaughn Williams (Oxford) from the movie Scott of the Antartic.

Go Back to forum