• Register
  • Help

Topic: Two of us..

Share/Bookmark

Two of us..

Helen and I are married for 64 years, together we gone through sometime very dangerous, sometime very nice and s0metimes very sad times, but always the two of us, together. lucky that we, contrary to the norm now, stayed steady.
    Of course, she is my love still. So, this piece happened because I was just jamming on the piano thinking about us, hence the two-line piano.

https://app.box.com/s/y2ghx9gsnbk8j4ltg07w

Re: Two of us..

It's a wonderful post, Ted, because of both your text and the lovely composition. Gentle, sweet music isn't what I often turn to for listening, but when I'm in the mood I can enjoy when it's nicely done like this. I support your endeavors, will always listen, and certainly endorse and give a round of applause for you and your wife, and your life together which inspired this piece.

I especially like the somewhat improvisational feel to the lead piano's line, contrasted to the the nice and simple chord progression supporting it in the strings.

Very nice, Ted.

Randy

Thanks Randy for the kind words. Yes, it was done as an improvisation, you guessed it right.
    Can I use this to ask you a favor, please.
    Last year you were mentioning and showing a photo of a MIDI controller, very inexpensive, available from MM, and not wanting to bother you with it, I spent a few hours trying to find that post without success. I tried at MM too, and I can not find it there either. I checked your posts for two years, no results.
    So, if you recall this, could you please let me know where can I buy one? It almost sounded like you have one.
    Thanks in advance

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    ...Last year you were mentioning and showing a photo of a MIDI controller...
    Hummm, I guess that vaguely rings a bell, Ted. I think you may be referring to a reply of mine on someone else's thread where the topic of controllers came up.

The least expensive controller is from Korg - It's not a keyboard, but a control surface that does pretty much everything that the keyboard/controller combos do. This link is to the new version, $60, and I see the first version is also still on sale at Amazon for half the price of this one:

Korg nanoKontrol at Amazon

Maybe that's it?

Randy

Thank you, that is it!

Great memory! (among other attributes!!!)

Ted

Ted,

Been away for a bit. This is a wonderful treat for my return. Very loving and graceful in texture. I really enjoy the overall sound of this. Keeping the piano line in the upper registers while using the pizz bass and lower string ensemble to support it was a very nice orchestration for this charming piece. The piece immediately puts you in a gentle reflective state of mind and remains with you long after it has finished.

Wow....64 years! I'm not even that old yet. (but almost.) I can't even imagine how many incredible memories you share in that amount of time. If ever there was an example of a soul-mate, this would be it. I'm very happy for you both!!!!

Cass

Thanks Cass, an understanding coming from you has double value for me. I still turn on you piece from time to time and feel close to you..

Best to you my friend

Ted

Hello Ted!

This is such a sweet composition, and its inspiration is truly magnificent. The lilting piano is a great contrast to the smooth strings and plucked bass line.

I find my heart sufficiently warmed by this - wishing you and Helen many more years to come!

Thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Go Back to forum