• Register
  • Help

Topic: Two of my all-brass ensemble pieces.

Share/Bookmark

Two of my all-brass ensemble pieces.

Here are two of my all-brass ensemble pieces:

"Brassado"
    http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/Brassado.mp3

"EmBRASSment"
    http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...RASSment02.mp3

Regards to everyone.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: Two of my all-brass ensemble pieces.

Bonus tracks - Double billing from our favorite Texas composer - Make that a Triple billing, since this post has two fave brass pieces of ours, plus there's the Cello/Piano duet I just listened to earlier on another thread.

As always, the sound of your fertile musical mind brightens up the Forum - Thank you, Larry!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Bonus tracks - Double billing from our favorite Texas composer - Make that a Triple billing, since this post has two fave brass pieces of ours, plus there's the Cello/Piano duet I just listened to earlier on another thread.

As always, the sound of your fertile musical mind brightens up the Forum - Thank you, Larry!

Randy
    Thanks muchly for the good words, Mistopher Randy.

My computer problems were caused by a mamaboard that became defective. I am bidding on a replacement unit on e-Bay. I hope to have it back in working order in a few days.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hello Larry!

First:

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Alexander
    My computer problems were caused by a mamaboard that became defective.
    I found the term, "mamaboard," hysterical! I don't think I'm ever going to think of motherboards the same way again.

As for the brass ensembles - they were wonderful, of course! As someone who struggles to write for brass, I found these compositions enlightening. The versatility of the instruments you've shown here is nice to hear!

Thanks for sharing these tunes, I enjoyed them a lot!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    Hello Larry!

First:

I found the term, "mamaboard," hysterical! I don't think I'm ever going to think of motherboards the same way again.

As for the brass ensembles - they were wonderful, of course! As someone who struggles to write for brass, I found these compositions enlightening. The versatility of the instruments you've shown here is nice to hear!

Thanks for sharing these tunes, I enjoyed them a lot!
    Mister Hoosier Mike,

I'm glad that you like my totally demented, warped sense of humor.

I enjoy writing for brass. There are many more brassworks on my music website. You're welcome to have a listen if you wish.

Thanks and best regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry,

Somehow I forgot that you have written for many brass groupings in your vast catalog of music. This was a eye opener for me this morning. I also have a hard time writing for brass so this is a good template for me to get an idea of great brass writing. I love your tuba line. Usually one hears um-pa-pa line, but yours has fast scales and other acrobatics, and if I were a tuba player I would salute you and give you a tubalisk , that's an Oscar type statue for excellent tuba writing.

How's that new computer coming by the way? New creations a foot? I hope, I hope!!!!

Cass

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    Larry,

Somehow I forgot that you have written for many brass groupings in your vast catalog of music. This was a eye opener for me this morning. I also have a hard time writing for brass so this is a good template for me to get an idea of great brass writing. I love your tuba line. Usually one hears um-pa-pa line, but yours has fast scales and other acrobatics, and if I were a tuba player I would salute you and give you a tubalisk , that's an Oscar type statue for excellent tuba writing.

How's that new computer coming by the way? New creations a foot? I hope, I hope!!!!

Cass
    I installed a motherboard and new power supply in my computer and it's now working fairly well. The unit is old and decrepit...like me. I still have a lot of work to do on it and in it before I can write any new music.

Thanks for listening and replying, Mister Cass.

My best to you.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum