• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria Player Version Question

Share/Bookmark

Aria Player Version Question

What should the latest version of the Aria Player VST's be? There are two .dll files:

ARIA Player Multi VST_x86
    ARIA Player VST_x86

Both of mine are listed as version 1.1.1.9. I am having a problem in Reaper. When I load the VST's I get the error message >> Could not find effect:com.Garritan.Ambience bank:-1 there surely exists an update for this product<<. I have loaded the latest version of Aria player (1.6.2.6). What I have noticed, is when I load the stand alone player, it indicates that it is v.1.6.2, but when I load the VST in Reaper, it shows v.0.001 and I think this may be the problem. I just don't know how to change it. Has anyone had this problem.

As I mentioned in another post, this started when I loaded the Plogue Sforzando.

Also:

Both the stand alone player and the VST indicate "ARIA Engine v.1.620 (Win x86)".

1 there surely exists an answer to this problem

Thanks

Re: Aria Player Version Question

It sounds like Reaper is pointed to a different VST folder location than where your Aria player is looking. I would check your VST paths first.

Quote Originally Posted by jdsnyderii View Post
    It sounds like Reaper is pointed to a different VST folder location than where your Aria player is looking. I would check your VST paths first.
    +1 to this reply.

ttguitarstrings - I knew your posted question rang a bell - I just now checked and see you posted this same question way back in June in the Tech Support Forum. What a drag you haven't gotten things to work yet!

In the Tech Forum, David from Plogue posted the logical reply, giving you the link to the current ARIA download at MM - But Jim "jdsnyderii" has nailed it here on this thread, I'm pretty sure. Apparently older versions of ARIA weren't uninstalled before the new ones were installed, and that can be confusing.

But, if Jim is correct, it would indicate that you're not having all of your VST files put in one central location. I use Sonar, but all DAW software needs to be told, of course, where your VSTs are. I put all of them in one Sonar sub-folder, "VSTs" - Keeps everything tidy and simple. Installers usually find that location and deposit the .dll files there for me.

By the way, the difference between those two .dll files - "Multi" is usually the one you want to use. It has 16 separate stereo audio outs so you can set up your projects properly in Reaper. The other file only has one stereo pair, which is fine for Notation software, but too limiting in Daw software.

One more note - In your previous Tech Forum post, I noticed you tried to post screenshots. Only this text shows up:

[IMG]C:\tmp\Reaper Settings.png[/IMG]

[IMG]C:\tmp\Aria Player Stand Alone Settings.png[/IMG]

--Indicating you tried to link directly to your computer's C drive for the images. -- We can't post images that way. You need to have photos parked on a site online that allows direct hotlinking, like a personal website directory.

Let us know if, as Jim suggested, Reaper is currently looking in the wrong location for your ARIA VSTs.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    +1 to this reply.

ttguitarstrings - I knew your posted question rang a bell - I just now checked and see you posted this same question way back in June in the Tech Support Forum. What a drag you haven't gotten things to work yet!

In the Tech Forum, David from Plogue posted the logical reply, giving you the link to the current ARIA download at MM - But Jim "jdsnyderii" has nailed it here on this thread, I'm pretty sure. Apparently older versions of ARIA weren't uninstalled before the new ones were installed, and that can be confusing.

But, if Jim is correct, it would indicate that you're not having all of your VST files put in one central location. I use Sonar, but all DAW software needs to be told, of course, where your VSTs are. I put all of them in one Sonar sub-folder, "VSTs" - Keeps everything tidy and simple. Installers usually find that location and deposit the .dll files there for me.

By the way, the difference between those two .dll files - "Multi" is usually the one you want to use. It has 16 separate stereo audio outs so you can set up your projects properly in Reaper. The other file only has one stereo pair, which is fine for Notation software, but too limiting in Daw software.

One more note - In your previous Tech Forum post, I noticed you tried to post screenshots. Only this text shows up:

[IMG]C:\tmp\Reaper Settings.png[/IMG]

[IMG]C:\tmp\Aria Player Stand Alone Settings.png[/IMG]

--Indicating you tried to link directly to your computer's C drive for the images. -- We can't post images that way. You need to have photos parked on a site online that allows direct hotlinking, like a personal website directory.

Let us know if, as Jim suggested, Reaper is currently looking in the wrong location for your ARIA VSTs.

Randy

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately it did not work. I had checked that prior and I do point to a central location where I store all my vst's.

I believe the problem is to do with the version being reported as v0.001 in Reaper. This is in the Settings tab of the vst (just under the effects tab). I removed Aria, Sforzando, and reloaded version 1.5 and the problem stopped happening. When I checked the versions, they matched as I would expect. As soon as I reloaded v1.6.2, the problem came back. It seems as if some setting is stuck somewhere i.e. registry, a file, etc.

Thanks again for the help. If anyone has seen this problem let me know.

Terry

Go Back to forum