• Register
  • Help

Topic: "L'Addio" - new piano piece from upcoming piano solo album (feat. Garritan Steinway)

Share/Bookmark

"L'Addio" - new piano piece from upcoming piano solo album (feat. Garritan Steinway)

Hi!Finally back from summer vacation (maybe more summer concerts) and time to post some new stuff! Here's my latest work, for piano solo! This piece was born almost 1 year ago, after a present from a very dear friend...a wonderful music notebook completely binded with a fantastic reproduction of the 1st movement of the 9th from Beethoven. After a year, the first piece of this wonderful present it's finished. I think it's like a journey and, somehow, it's like the representation of this last year. This is not the definitive recording that will be on the album...still some editing to do from other takes. But I think it's good, anyway! Obviously, the piano is the Garritan Authorized Steinway Baisc! Hope you'll enjoy!L'Addio (The Last Goodbye) - https://app.box.com/s/w7vvpdgla5rsq330bnymBest,Andrea
    www.andreacomposer.com - News, previews, medias, discography and sheet music download.

"Square" - The debut album by Andrea Maria Ottavini

Available on http://cdbaby.com/cd/amottavini

Shortly even through iTunes, Napster, Great Indie Music and USA Stores.

Re: "L'Addio" - new piano piece from upcoming piano solo album (feat. Garritan Steinw

Ooops--First piece of business is to correct the link, Andrea - Your salutation at the end was together with the link, causing us to go to a "404 Page Not Found" page.

Here - I've extracted the actual URL - This link works:

L'Addio by Andrea Maria Ottavini

Now I hope everyone here avails themselves of that link, because if they do, they're going to positively swoon over the gorgeous textures of your magnificent piano piece.

Outstanding work, Andrea.

Randy

Re: "L'Addio" - new piano piece from upcoming piano solo album (feat. Garritan Steinw

Seen it...got a lot of problems with this new version of the forum! I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this problem! Thanks for fixing this! I'm glad you liked the piece =) ^^

Best,

Andrea
    www.andreacomposer.com - News, previews, medias, discography and sheet music download.

Excellent writing...just excellent, young man! I was entertained from the first note to your way-cool major seventh ending!

Thank you for sharing your fine music with all of us. I am eager to hear more of your creations.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    Excellent writing...just excellent, young man! I was entertained from the first note to your way-cool major seventh ending!

Thank you for sharing your fine music with all of us. I am eager to hear more of your creations.

Best,

Larry
    Thank you Larry =) In days I'll post some new music for you to hear =D (hoping I'll solve this little problem with this forum that seems it's the only website which doesn't want to let me in easily, connectively talking xD)

Best,

Andrea

Andrea,

What an exceptional heart-felt piano composition. I really was blown away by the feeling and expression you have managed to pump into this sampled piano. You write very pianisticly, something I wish I did more of in my own piano compositions which usually sound more orchestral and not very pianistic. On top of that you have excellent technique. Are you a performing concert pianist by chance?

Some really nice transitions and harmonic language in there too.
    Much enjoyed!!

Cass

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    Andrea,What an exceptional heart-felt piano composition. I really was blown away by the feeling and expression you have managed to pump into this sampled piano. You write very pianisticly, something I wish I did more of in my own piano compositions which usually sound more orchestral and not very pianistic. On top of that you have excellent technique. Are you a performing concert pianist by chance?Some really nice transitions and harmonic language in there too.Much enjoyed!!Cass
    That was very kind Cass! Glad you liked this piece. I'm not a performing concert pianist actually, I'm still studying! Two years and I'll be graduated in piano! Anyway I'm giving concerts...this year I played a lot, both piano music like Scriabin, Prokofiev, Chopin, Bach, Liszt etc. and my music, including this work in the latest I gave a couple of weeks ago. Think I've never been so active before and I think it's a positive sign. I think the academic ambient gave me more strength (this year I entered conservatory being unable to give exams as private). And this work it's the synthesis of what I lived this year. Insecurity, doubts, and then all of a sudden everything changes! Things start going THE RIGHT WAY, you know people who share the same passion and dedication to music, and then things change again, starting to be more quiet and sometimes sad when you have to say goodbye to some people who finish the course and in a year brought you so many good memories. I think everything was my ispiration and I hope things get always better and better! But I'm being nostalgic and I'm rembling too xD So really THANK YOU for the kind words!Best,Andrea

Hello Andrea!

I'm glad I saw this post this evening! I very nearly missed it after trying the broken link before I scrolled and saw Randy's link. (I thought the link looked weird with a comma in it, but I didn't catch that it was your parting message )

This is incredible composing and performing here! Heartfelt, indeed. The music is so captivating, I seemed to lose track of time! Before I knew it, 4 minutes had gone by and the recording was nearly over! I will have to listen to it again! Maybe I simply do not notice them, but I do not see too many piano solos posted to the listening room, lately. (A situation that has recently been helped by Cass Hansen ) I am very happy to have caught this one, too!

I hope the forum behaves itself and you are able to spend more time here! Thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Go Back to forum