• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mandolin

Share/Bookmark

Mandolin

What\'s the best mandolin sampler.

I need a good mandolin sampler for celtics songs.

Price, demo, ... ?

Thank you,

Re: Mandolin

I tried the G-Town Mandolin but it doesn\'t sound like I want [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go to www.Worrasplace.com and click on Guitars. Download Terkelsens Mandolin.

Yes, get both. I used both, one panned left, one panned right, and played the same performances slightly imperfect to achieve a nice textural effect. I also put in a hammered dulcimer in the middle to finish it up. I like Worras better though, since it has a more raw sound.

You can also buy the mandolin from the Whole Lotta Country set. Sampleheads made the collection. They offer the instrument as a download too, so you can buy just this instrument.
    I use it every now and then.

Originally posted by A_Sapp:
    Yes, get both. I used both, one panned left, one panned right, and played the same performances slightly imperfect to achieve a nice textural effect. I also put in a hammered dulcimer in the middle to finish it up.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi A_Sapp,

Where did you get the sampled dulcimer from?

Aaron

It was from a demo sample CD that came with the Gigastudio package. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The Best of Bolder CD has mandolin, mandola and mandocello, amongst many other cool sounds, including hammered dulcimer...

Best of Bolder is a great collection of sounds for the $.

Chris Luke

Go Back to forum