• Register
  • Help

Topic: 'Format Unknown' still appearing on Gigapiano and Soundware 1 demo

Share/Bookmark

\'Format Unknown\' still appearing on Gigapiano and Soundware 1 demo

I was able to go to my CD Drive letter and change the CD Drive letter to F which allowed me to complete the registration and read the Gigapiano CD. But, I still get \'unknown format\' when I have Gigastudios port one window showing on my F Drive when I load in Gigapiano or Soundware demo 1 CD!
    I opened up windows explorer and opened up the drive and it had all of the Giga demo files lined up!
    The weird thing is is that it is recognizing my Akai S1000 CD Roms and works great with the S-Convertor but can\'t seem to read the Giga format CDs.
    Do you think it could just be that I have a bad batch of Giga CDs that came with my Gigastudio? They told me at Soundsonline that they put the replacement CDs in the Gigastudio 96 package so I don\'t know what to think.
    I\'m just concerned because I ordered some Xsample libraries in Giga format today and will be arriving tomorrow.
    Thanks

Re: \'Format Unknown\' still appearing on Gigapiano and Soundware 1 demo

I think the reason is that a giga formated cd is really a windows format. The S Converter reads Akai and Audio formated CDs. You will need to copy the Giga files to your gigs directory on your hard drive.

Re: \'Format Unknown\' still appearing on Gigapiano and Soundware 1 demo

I figured it out. I was supposed to copy them onto my hard drive first.
    Thanks for the reply Rivethead!

Go Back to forum