• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: What Music Magazines do you subscribe to?

Share/Bookmark

What Music Magazines do you subscribe to?

As the topic says - What music magazines do you subscribe to? Right now I only subscribe to SOS. Are there any other essentials?

PS any Mix subscribers? Opinions on this?

Re: What Music Magazines do you subscribe to?

I receive Mix and EM. I unfortunately don\'t get the chance to read either cover to cover, but it\'s great to thumb through and pick out the few articles that interest you. With Mix, I like the post production section. It generally has a few interesting tips you can pick up on. If you\'re looking for something music oriented, Mix is a mixed bag. Live sound, post and engineering, and EM would probabaly have more along the sample library lines and music production.
    The other perk is that you don\'t need to pay for a subscription to either. They will send it to you for free if you work in the industry and fill out the form accordingly.
    I don\'t feel so bad if I miss an article or two this way.
    What is SOS BTW?
    Tim

I get Pro Audio Review at work. It\'s hardware oriented, and features high end equipment. (Drool.)

I also get DV, which is video oriented, but has a great audio column from Jay Rose each month. It\'s fairly balanced between HW and SW.

SOS is Sound On Sound. It\'s at sospubs.co.uk.

Jon do they have a website for pro audio review? Is it www.proaudioreview.com?

Thanks for the information so far everyone.

I don\'t subscribe to any, but I did persuade my head of department, at school, that school needed to subscribe to computer music. Once upon a time this was essential reading, for me, because I wanted to get into computer composition, but had never in my life used a PC for anything else. Nowadays it\'s pretty much lost its way and doesn\'t know who it\'s trying to cater to.

Most months I also end up buying Future Music, Music Tech Magazine, and Sound on Sound - probably I ought to admit it\'s become a monthly thing and subscribe. If I\'m being objective then Music Tech is just a load of fluff, Future Music is ok but stuck in a rut. The only one I really enjoy is SOS.

ELECTRONIC MUSICIAN and RECORDING

Carl

Sound on Sound and Computer Music.

Funny I just dug out one of the first mags (out of the garage!!) that I subscribed to; Electronics and Music Maker (Sept 1986- reviews Steinberg Pro24!!..pre Cubase. I keep meaning to bin them but just can\'t bring myself to do it...) which became Music Technology and then became defunct. Good to look at the oldies.....remember the old companies- Hybrid Arts etc?

Frank

V- I get Electronic Musician and from time to time I get on the Keyboard subscription. But I always let that one run out and then about 6 months later I realize I haven\'t been getting it and order again. Then I don\'t read it for a year, and 6 months later realize it doesn\'t show up anymore. I don\'t know what all this means - but it\'s my life [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I wonder what Bruce reads... hummm.... hummm... hummmm

I used to read them all until I got a cable modem

Go Back to forum