• Register
  • Help

Topic: Memphis Horns+SX Timestrech=Cool!

Memphis Horns+SX Timestrech=Cool!

I\'m playing with a little Christmas present I bought myself...Memphis Horns. The audio only version was pretty cheap ($139.00 at House of Samples), so I thought I would give it a try with Cubase SX\'s time stretching capabilities (version 2.01).

When you call up the import box, you can browse all the phrases and even audition them (I\'m using Win XP). Pick the one you like and hit OK. Then, just drag a phrase to the nearest meaasure or beat with snap turned on and the \"sizing applies time stretch\" option, and the horns play at the correct tempo.

Probably old news to you tech heads, but this is really cool stuff! I\'ve wanted this library for quite sometime but didn\'t want to pay for the native version. Looks like the audio disk is going to work perfectly.

UK- teeming with life....

Re: Memphis Horns+SX Timestrech=Cool!

Thanks for that insight Sporty. Hmmmm....very interesting.

Re: Memphis Horns+SX Timestrech=Cool!

Originally posted by Hardy Heern:
    Thanks for that insight Sporty. Hmmmm....very interesting.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'ll be looking at more loop based samples, particularly drums. SX 2.0 makes it so easy to make them work, plus the audio versions are generally a lot less expensive. I\'ve probably just discovered something everyone else has been doing for ages...oh well, better late than never. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum