• Register
  • Help

Topic: How I solved a problem like the MIA

Share/Bookmark

How I solved a problem like the MIA

I ripped the swine out and replaced it with a Delta 410!!!

Sorry, I just had to post because I\'m so ecstatic. I was a victim of every known symptom of the MIA MIDI GSIF driver under WinXP. At the same time I had equally bad problems with the ASIO drivers for my Audiowerk 8 card, which I bought hoping to try some surround mixing.

So Santa brought me an M-Audio Delta 410. I completely rebuilt my machine with this new card, started Cubase, and....voila! Perfect surround mixing (ok slightly high latency in responding to the panner) without once being advised that the sample rate has just inexplicably been changed to 48kHz. Started GS160, and...YES, green MIDI ports, a working virtual keyboard, and one very happy computer musician!

OK, so it still smarts that I bought £450 worth of cards that turned out to be useless, but I\'m too happy to care too much. It\'s off to ebay with my MIA and Audiowerk cards, and I\'m off to write Santa a very long thankyou letter.

Re: How I solved a problem like the MIA

I ripped the swine out and replaced it with a Delta 410!!!-Pingu

That\'s great! I am happy for you. Actually MY Mia was supposed to SOLVE the problem I was having with Darla 20 and XP on my new computer.
    I wish I had known the scuttlebutt about the Mia before I bought it. Ah well....

Carl

Go Back to forum