• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Pirated sample libraries suck

Share/Bookmark

Pirated sample libraries suck

Has anyone else out there ever ran into pirated sample library websites when using a search engine to look up information on a sound library you\'re interested in?

Over the past few years, I\'ve ran into one particular site (and several other domain names for it) that sells illegal copies of virtually ever major sample library in existance as far as I can tell. I ran into a link to it again today. It\'s pretty disgusting to find that the website is still up and running, especially considering that I\'ve reported it to several authorities over the years.

Does anyone else out there know what site I am talking about? I don\'t want ot advertise for them, after all. Is there realistically anything that be done about it?

Re: Pirated sample libraries suck

They do exist, usually run out of somewhere in Eastern Europe where American ethics and laws do not apply. If you\'re so offended, don\'t buy them.

I don´t know witch site you are talking about , I know several of them. I know several places that you can even download any library for free.
    Before I buy QLSO I guy in the other side of the world offered me it for free.
    I just did wath IOComposer told... Piracy is our law , not God´s law!!!

Originally posted by IOComposer:
    They do exist, usually run out of somewhere in Eastern Europe where American ethics and laws do not apply. If you\'re so offended, don\'t buy them.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">What about (West) European ethics & law? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Maarten

....Or the ethics of the countless Americans that steal music off the internet!!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

What you can do is report the URL and any information you can come up with to the people whose work is being stolen.

If it\'s convenient to do so, try to strike up a conversation (pretend you are a buyer) to get more information.

It doesn\'t do a whole lot of good to air this stuff publicly. It can sometimes do a great deal of good to ferret out the offenders, and to get the information to someone who can bring a lawsuit or bring some pressure to bear.

It goes without saying that if a friend/acquaintance attempts to pirate or get YOU to pirate a library, you should give them a piece of your mind. We change our culture of respect one person at a time. It is possible to do this. People are basically good. Sometimes all it takes is for someone to realize they\'re not stealing from some big nameless corporation, but from an individual just like them who needs money to live and eat. I realize that\'s a bit of moral relativism, but we have to work a step at a time!!

Just tell them that thieves shall NOT enter into the Kingdom of heaven. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Rick

I wonder what sound card manufacturers and hardware manufacturers in general think about this matter? Im guessing that a lot less hardware would be sold if everyone had to buy their sample libraries and software..

\"I don\'t want to advertise for them, after all...\"

You just did. I wish Papa would immediately remove any and all pirate threads such as this.

...Or the ethics of the countless Americans that steal music off the internet!!!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Colonialist! [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast