• Register
  • Help

Topic: Posting my music on this board

Share/Bookmark

Posting my music on this board

First I would like to personally thank the many contributors that make this forum so USEFUL to so many. Listening to your music and subsequent comments of others has taught me so much.

I am coming up to end of my first giga project and I would like to post some samples of my music for your critique and comments.

Six months ago I only owned a 4 track analog porta studio so forgive my next question.

What do I need to do to link an mp3 file to this forum. I assume I need to find server space somewhere. Can anyone make recommendations there?

Also let me know a \'recommended length\' of such demos (I have four piano and orchestra pieces each from 9 to 12 minutes in length.) I can easy mix a shorter 30-60 second \'section\' for review.

If you have any suggestions for the \'idea\' mp3 mix from SX I would much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can be.

Rob

Re: Posting my music on this board

Hi Rob,

If you go to this forum\'s \"Home\", you will find a button at the top left of the screen called \"MP3 Upload Area\". You will have to register as a user, and then you can upload mp3s (2MB maximum). You get your own user area, which tels you the exact link to the file, which is very long and wierd-looking, but that\'s OK, just post the link within a message on this forum, so people can have a listen.

Good luck,

Leon

Thanks Leon,

I will check this out.

Hi Rob...

In your case I would create an account at www.mp3.com - because you can download and stream the files as one likes it (for different speed of internet connections). Keep in mind mp3.com allows only mp3-files encoded with a 128 kbit-rate, so this could not be the best result for your work. If you want to showcase your portfolio I\'d suggest you to spend a little cash, as most free webspace lack in usability, performance, ... ...

Or perhaps some other forum members could help you with posting your mp3s on their space for a little time? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Sorry I can\'t yet help you. Perhaps in near future [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hansi

Hansi,

Thanks for the information. It sounds like I need to create an mp3 file at a higher than 128K bitrate (I would like to get it to sound as close to what I am hearing). Any information as to obtaining my own space? Again, thanks for the help.

Rob

Originally posted by Rob Elliott:
    Hansi,

Thanks for the information. It sounds like I need to create an mp3 file at a higher than 128K bitrate (I would like to get it to sound as close to what I am hearing). Any information as to obtaining my own space? Again, thanks for the help.

Rob
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">If you need some temporary webspace for those mp3s, email me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I have a brand new server with unlimited space/bandwidth. My webhost is still configuring something, so at this particular moment, it tends to go offline for short periods of time.

A gracious offer, Paul. I will email you directly. Thanks.

Rob

Double post.

Weird. Just posted a message on another topic and it appeared here.

Anyway, Rob - you contact me at my eMail-adress if you like.

Hansi

Go Back to forum