• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: KH Orchestral Brass Demos...

KH Orchestral Brass Demos...

Here are some, \"demos-in-progress,\" using the Kirk Hunter Orchestral Brass.

This shows off the woodwind-like ppp samples as well as the edge the fff samples have to offer. The soft samples of the trumpets were also used as well as a crossfade tuba patch. At the end, staccato trombones samples introduce the bombastic section that will be added to finish this demo. Kirk hunter strings are also used in this work for the strong string lines.

( www.aaronsapp.com/KH.mp3 )

This demo shows what the french horn and trombone staccato patches are all about. French horn sustains are used in the end.

( www.aaronsapp.com/Falling.mp3 )

Re: KH Orchestral Brass Demos...

let me be one of the first to say, its nice to hear you using better samples [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

They get to really show off your talent.

Memphis, TN

Nice compositions. Aside from the brass sounding really good (and those dang beautiful KH strings in the high registers --realistic as it gets-- they\'ve always sounded good up there to me), it makes me want to get off my $## and do something. Great demo. You\'re selling me.

What Mahlon said...exactly.

Great stuff Aaron, sounds beautiful, truly. I\'ve gotta ask, what woodwinds and percussion were you using in that? I\'m finally getting my hands on LOP, but haven\'t decided on which woodwind ensembles/solos to get. Whatever you\'re using sounds quite acceptable to my ears, and would be an encouraging plus to the library/ies you\'re using.

Again, sounds great, and I\'m not just talking about the samples.

Thanks for the nice comments fellas! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The brass of course is all KH Orchestral Brass, percussion is LOP with a little of Tob\'s anvils, and DDSW. Both demos use KH strings all over the place. (I know, they\'re sweet in the higher register)

It was a lot of fun making the demos, glad you enjoyed them! Stay tuned on upcoming demos from this library.

As usual - great writing. I have always felt that dynamics are so important and yet I don\'t vary mine in my music enough. Yours are wonderful in both pieces. Thanks for the compositional reminder. Keep up the great work.

I listened to the KH one. It sounded pretty good mix-wize but I can\'t say I enjoyed it a whole lot.
    I guess I\'m just not much of a fan of music that doesn\'t have a main theme/melody/motive to it. Or is this just the introduction to something?
    The mix of all the sounds was interesting though.

Anthony Lombardi

Chandler, Arizona

Nice sounding brass and great demos! Time to start saving up!

That\'s a beautiful demo. You are very talented and at your age there is nowhere to go but up!

-- Martin

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast