• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: RE-POST: Silent Thoughts 'A Symphony for the Soul' from Peter Moore

Share/Bookmark

RE-POST: Silent Thoughts 'A Symphony for the Soul' from Peter Moore

Forum member Peter Moore, who has posted his very fine music in the past, experienced a Forum glitch yesterday when he tried to post his new piece. You will see there's a thread from him with this same subject line, but the post is blank, and if you try to reply to it, an error message says the post doesn't exist.

I could see the information for Peter's invisible post while hovering over the envelope icon to the left of the subject line. I was able to capture the URL for his SoundCloud page, along with the information about his Symphony's movements.

This morning Peter confirmed by PM that he wasn't able to get his post up, so I'm gladly helping him out by re-posting for him.

I hope everyone clicks the link and has the experience of hearing Peter's beautiful music:

"Silent Thoughts" by Peter Moore

Movement 1: Cascade: Andante Con Moto: Piano and Orchestra
    Movement 2: Call of the light: Adagio Cantabile: Piano, violin and Cello Solo

(I was unable to see details besides the names of the last 3 movements)

Movement 3: Meditation

Movement 4: Serenity
    Movement 5: Reflection

Re: RE-POST: Silent Thoughts 'A Symphony for the Soul' from Peter Moore

I can't figure out what is going on, tried responding using different browsers but still much the same result. I can only deduce therefore it's probably some settings with Win8 causing a conflict.

Thanks for the re-post

Is it beautiful? Yes! Is it gorgeous and touching? Yes! Is it emotional? Yes! But is it a symphony? No. These movements remind me more of tracks for a new age cd than movements to a symphony. A symphony, to me at least, is a concerto for orchestra with contrasting movements but work as one whole. This sounds more to me like piano pieces with the orchestra as accompaniment. If you want a symphony, write for the complete orchestra and even consider getting rid of the piano. You have more colors to use in the percussion section anyways. But it's beautiful music. ~Rodney

Hello Peter! I'm glad Randy was able to help out and get this posted! I saw the topic yesterday and thought it was odd that nothing was there I tried replying in the hopes that the reply-window would show the history and let me follow the link from there, but no luck!

This is indeed a very beautiful piece of work! As a whole, this is very soothing music. In some passages, this reminded me a bit of James Horner.

I hope you are able to resolve you forum issues, because I would love to hear more about the composition itself. I am curious how long it took to compose, as well as what instruments were used.

Thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Great composition and well mixed!
    I like the most Piano part in the "Reflection"!
    I love to listen more from you!

Thanks for sharing it!

Thanks Randy for doing this for Peter. Would have been a shame to have missed it.

Peter, what a beautiful landscape of serene meditation you paint here. I loved all the movements, but especially the second movement because it spoke to my soul directly. Because of the piece's length, I put it on my speakers and made breakfast and ate it while listening to this soothing music. Really a great way to start my Saturday.

I could be wrong here, but Rodney, I think Peter was using the word Symphony in a different meaning that we usually think of it as. Like, "A symphony of sound surrounded me" or something like that. At least that's how I interpreted it, because you're right, it's not a "symphony" as in stylistic form or as an ensemble.

Really great writing Peter! Hope you can figure out what the problem is. I might mention I have had problems also hearing and posting with windows 8. I have found that a lot of the problems go away if you get to Northern Sounds by way of the desktop, the old fashion way, and not by using the start page with tiles. If you use the tiles to go to the forum, a lot of functions don't work for some odd reason. Try launching the browser from the desktop and typing in the url for the forum directly in the address box. Hope this helps.

Cass

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    ...Try launching the browser from the desktop and typing in the url for the forum directly in the address box...
    In the browser, can't you have a direct link to the Forum in the browser's menu, or in a drop down of Bookmarks--? Typing URLS---yikes--!

Randy

Hello.

First time for me to hear your work.
    I do not think I can add anything more than what you must feel about your own work.
    You immersed me and gave me great pleasure hearing what you created.
    And Mr. Moore: MORE ! please.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    In the browser, can't you have a direct link to the Forum in the browser's menu, or in a drop down of Bookmarks--? Typing URLS---yikes--!

Randy
    And the answer to that Randy is....maybe....probably.....if the wind is blowing the right direction.......I only said the url in the address box because it's a good place to start, the lowest common denominator kind of thing. If It works there, then work backwards and try your bookmarks or other links on the desktop and see if it still works. I have had various results myself. Sometimes the bookmarks work...other times...no dice. It varies according to what you are actually trying to do. IE: neither flash nor quicktime would work for me from the start "tile " page on the internet. I got flash to work using bookmarks on the desktop, but could only get quicktime to work by typing the url in the address box. Go figure. It's beyond me why windows 8 does what it does. sigh.................further, some people don't have any problems with window 8 auxiliary programs or plugins on the START (Tile page).....I'm just one of those lucky few!

Cass

Peter Moore is still unable to post on the Forum, even when trying different computers. He's sent me a PM asking me to post the following reply to his thread. No problem, Peter!-- Very sorry about your Forum woes - Glad you're persistent in still wanting to stay involved!
    -----------------------------------------------

Thank you all for your kind words : to answer some of your questions :

Movement 1: Cascade: Andante Con Moto: Piano and Orchestra
    Movement 2: Call of the light: Adagio Cantabile : Piano, violin and Cello Solo
    Movement 3: Meditation : Arios espressivo : Piano, Violin and Cello Solo with string orchestra
    Movement 4: Serenity : Lento e tranquilo : Piano and orchestra
    Movement 5: Reflection : Moderato : Piano and Violin Solo with Orchestra

The collection of pieces took almost 1 and a half years to compose, go through untold revisions, orchestrate and finally to this stage.

Reflection took the longest time (7months). Serenity took the shortest (3 days).

There was another piece that was originally part of this concept, but after much deliberation, I decided it didn't feel right and dropped it - maybe at some future date I will return to it.

It may not be a 'symphony' in a classical sense, but hey, let's not be pedantic about such things - the title is not as important as the music. We could have a long discussion about this, but I'd rather not.

I'll try any suggestion that may fix the problem I'm having - thanks Cass

Thank you once again for your kind words - be at peace

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast