• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can you store Akai CDs onto your Hard drive?

Share/Bookmark

Can you store Akai CDs onto your Hard drive?

I figured out how to store all of my Gigasamples onto my hard drive, but when I put an Akai CD in, my F drive(CD) window came up empty so I wasn\'t able to load some of my Akai sounds in. Can you do this?

Re: Can you store Akai CDs onto your Hard drive?

Do yourself a favor: Sell all your Nemesys stuff on eBay and get an Akai sampler. Get out while you still can. The rest of us are already lost.

Peace,
    Tim
    http://www.elithic.com

I totally disagree. Gigastudio is incredible and will be even more incredible once these little bugs get fixed. Why go out and get a rack mount sampler when you can store 30 gigs worth of sounds on your hard drive? Lately, I\'ve had no crashes and I only have 127 megs of ram! I was on Gigastudio 96 and Cakewalk for about 2 hours last night.
    Gigastudio has taken my creativity to a whole new level and tech support has not been bad to me either.
    Kevin at Nemesys and Suzeene have helped me out tremendously and I know they\'ve been real busy lately.
    It has also been said the Hans Zimmer is going to promote Gigastudio and did the entire score to Mission Impossible 2 on Gigastudio.

I agree Damon... A buddy of mine has an ESI 4000, and is always telling me how great it is. WHenever I create samples and exchange with him, he has problems loading it because of his RAM limitations.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Damon:
    I figured out how to store all of my Gigasamples onto my hard drive, but when I put an Akai CD in, my F drive(CD) window came up empty so I wasn\'t able to load some of my Akai sounds in. Can you do this?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You didn\'t mention whether you have Gigasampler or Gigastudio... If you have Gigasampler, you will need to run S-Convert (if you have Gigastudio, its built in). Akai is a different format than your cdrom drivers are designed to read... Thats why it appears empty

Go Back to forum