• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Grandioso FX update

Share/Bookmark

Grandioso FX update

We\'ve got a brand new release for all registered Grandioso owners;
    GRANDIOSO FX

The plug-in adds real-time sustain pedalling, extra release layers for the 16 and 8 layers patches and has the sustain pedal noise.

The program is free for all registered users.

Michiel Post

Re: Grandioso FX update

The Maple host is made compatible for users who want to run Grandioso FX on the same machine as GOS with Maestro; please check with Gary as there is a new Maestro tools version that is designed to work with Grandioso FX.

Michiel Post
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Michiel,

I\'m working my way through applying the update to the Bosendorfer 290 piano. Two problems:

1) the Bosendorfer .art file appears to be the wrong one (it seems to be the update already on your website, the one that added the 16 layer DRY program)

2) the instructions are for Cubase VST, but I\'m using Cubase SX (I\'m not really sure what to do, as far as the required settings in Cubase)

BTW, does this update add a 16-layer DRY LF program?

Thanks,

Lawrence

BTW, does this update add a 16-layer DRY LF program?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That should have read, LP Filter program.

What does the real-time sustain pedaling add? (Forgive my ignorance, but when I use my sustain pedal on the 16 layer sample I DO get sustain, and a very nice one at that!)
    John Grant
    http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/42/john_lewis_grant.html

Originally posted by JohnGrant:
    What does the real-time sustain pedaling add? (Forgive my ignorance, but when I use my sustain pedal on the 16 layer sample I DO get sustain, and a very nice one at that!)
    John Grant
    http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/42/john_lewis_grant.html
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi
    Listen to this repedalling. When you press the sustain pedal you will have a smooth crossfade to the sustain samples and back to the non-sustain samples when you release the pedal.
    The MP3 also demonstrates the pedal noise (which is adjustable in volume) which is very loud in the MP3.

Originally posted by Lougheed:
    Michiel,
    1) the Bosendorfer .art file appears to be the wrong one (it seems to be the update already on your website, the one that added the 16 layer DRY program)
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Lawrence,

I just updated both the individual downloads and the full installation files.
    You were right. We did updload the old Bosendorfer 290 articulation.
    The new (Maple) update is now available.

Maple pianos art-files

The new articulation shows the next new presets:
    Bosie programs

As far as Cubase SF versus Cubase VST settings is concerned, I guess the basic guide is that Midi input for the sequencer should be the keyboard (or the midi card recieving the midi input)and the output of the sequencer track should be any MARBLE midi port.
    GST should accept Midi input from Marble.
    This way your keyboard is routed: ->Cubase->Marble->GST

Great news Mr Post!
    I\'m currently updating both Grandioso pianos and needless to say I\'m now ready for my solo piano album mastering! I will keep you up on this, thanks again for this FX idea and for letting me enter its previous beta stage.

Best regards,
    Alberto

I just updated both the individual downloads and the full installation files.
    You were right. We did updload the old Bosendorfer 290 articulation.
    The new (Maple) update is now available.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks. However, when I try to load the updated .art file, I get the following error message:

\"Note: the instruments you are importing were saved from a file whose wave pool does not exactly match the current wave pool. (About 97% of the waves in the two pools match).

The imported instruments were built against a wave pool that contained 34 more waves than the current pool. This means that some regions will need to be remapped, with unpredicatable results.\"

Please note, Michiel, that I have previously replaced the F1 and G1 wet samples. Not sure if this is a factor or not.

Thanks,

Lawrence

Go Back to forum