• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria Player Lag

Share/Bookmark

Question Aria Player Lag

I recently purchased and downloaded Finale 2012. I then purchased an inexpensive midi interface for my computer to make note entry easier. However, this weekend I used the keyboard to trigger the Garritan library that came with Finale directly from the keyboard. As expected, there was a bit of a lag between my striking a key and the same key press being indicated in Aria Player. (As I said, it was an inexpensive interface.) However, there's an even bigger lag between the key press indication in the Aria Player screen and the actual sound playing. Is it possible to reduce that lag so that the Aria Player can be used for live performance? I'm using the default settings. (I don't know why, but this forum doesn't take my carriage returns, so this is all one paragraph. Sorry.)

Re: Aria Player Lag

Quote Originally Posted by fcoulter View Post
    I recently purchased and downloaded Finale 2012. I then purchased an inexpensive midi interface for my computer to make note entry easier. However, this weekend I used the keyboard to trigger the Garritan library that came with Finale directly from the keyboard. As expected, there was a bit of a lag between my striking a key and the same key press being indicated in Aria Player. (As I said, it was an inexpensive interface.) However, there's an even bigger lag between the key press indication in the Aria Player screen and the actual sound playing. Is it possible to reduce that lag so that the Aria Player can be used for live performance? I'm using the default settings. (I don't know why, but this forum doesn't take my carriage returns, so this is all one paragraph. Sorry.)
    I have used the Aria player for live performance many times. I suspect that you have a Windows computer and you are using the default audio interfaces (WDM instead of ASIO). You will first need to check what type of audio interface you are using. If you don't have an ASIO driver, you should check into ASIO4ALL (which is free).

You should be able to do what you want to do if you get the right drivers set up.

Go Back to forum