• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: pirates... need expert help

pirates... need expert help

I need help tracking down another bunch of pirates who offer everything there is available on the sample lib market. Below is a piece from an email one of our clients recieved.

Anyone knows a way how to track the email from these -so called MUSICSUPPORT- pirates?

Michiel Post

To: \"xxx>
    Subject: RE: CDR_order_CD021112185002
    Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 21:59:18 +0300
    X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook, Build 10.0.3416
    Importance: Normal
    X-Scanned-By: MIMEDefang 2.21 (www . roaringpenguin . com / mimedefang)
    X-pstn-levels: (C:75.3595 P:95.9108 S: 9.0751 )
    X-pstn-settings: 4 (1.5000:3.0000) pmC
    X-pstn-addresses: from <musicsupport@pisem.net>

Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=\"----------=_1037559562-33460-0\"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    X-Mailer: MIME-tools 5.411 (Entity 5.404)

First name: IGOR ARKADIEVICH
    Last name: TRUSKANOV
    Answer: MusicSupport

City/Country: St.Petersburg/Russia

Re: pirates... need expert help

What about that akai cd url that was mentioned here earlier? Anyone ever approached them? Eric perhaps?

I don´t know if many people know this, but using the Whois -feature lets you track down the owner of a domain -name. So if they have a website you know of, try it.

I don´t know if that helped or not, but it did help us when we tracked down a hacker who attacked a friend of mine, now we even know his phone number.

I\'m afraid this comes from the same bunch of bandits; their e-mail adress was ending on
    xxx @pisem.net

Russia-based operation, selling pirated disks at $29. I saw their list and it covers \"everything\"

That\'s the same one:

origin-c: grinin@usa.net#0
    organization: Roman Grinin
    owner: Roman Grinin
    email: grinin@usa.net#0
    title: Mr.
    address: #645-1755 Robson str.
    city: Vancouver
    state: B.C.
    postal-code: V6G3B7

if i recall these individuals have been investigated before ..... i just remember something about russian piracy group ..... maybe it was on www.wired.com

you are probably seeing their hosting or domain registration being in california.

maybe it is wise to employ one of the counter piracy groups like the BSA to go after them, from what i understand from that article they are close to being untouchable, most of those organizations can do is shut down their hosting [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

probably not much help, good luck, don\'t let it get ya down. you still get my money [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Organized crime, mafia, or whatever you wanna call them. Probably based in Kaliningrad where many of the goverment officials are on their payrol, so, very tricky to stop.
    What you can do is to make things a bit harder for them, that is, close down the sites that they work from. Sure, they registér another site, but it makes them work a bit for the money.
    Michiel, if you contact me, I\'ll give you the contact info to an agency we work with that we are very happy with.

Originally posted by Michiel Post:
    I need help tracking down another bunch of pirates who offer everything there is available on the sample lib market.
    Michiel Post
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Michiel,

Welcome to the world of piracy!

This group has been operating for many years, and we, and most other major developers, have been doing everything we can to shut them down.

The person who is the most active in this cause, and will take you on as a client is Chuck Gurley (PirateKiller@NukePirates.com) who is a copyright enforcement agent for many major companies including Tascam.

If it makes you feel better, it has been reported to us that some people that have sent them money never got anything back! This doesn\'t surprise us.

Take care,

Doug Rogers

Pardon the rant but I\'m addressing the source of this problem.

Without hard time in prison as a real deterrant, this kind of stuff will always be difficult to stop. Only intense fear of the consequences will stop the corruption. Perhaps we could clear out the harmless drug offenders from the prisons and make room for more thieves. Especially the ones that steal millions in the corporate world. No country club prisons either. Hard labor! We don\'t need migrant workers. We have plenty of theives, corrupt CEOs and polititians to cover all the field work that needs doing. That would speed up their spirutal growth immensely and work off some of that karma. Seriously, imagine how horrible it would be to get up every morning at 5 am and work for 10 hours in a feild or breaking rocks and imagine this being your life for 10 or 20 years. That \"will\" make you think twice about participating in grand theft or corruption.
    Many criminals are not afraid to spend a few years watching cable TV, working out, with 3 squares a day in todays prison. Hell if they are big and mean enough, they can even gang rape the non violent innmates every day or trade their services for smokes and what not. If you work them to exhaustion each day, they would be way too tired for any of that nonsense. Of course, your average pirate will probably never do any time so they don\'t even think twice about ruining a software or library developers buisiness and negating the months and years of hard work that went into their products.
    The alternative is to simply put up with this incessant corruption in society as we currently do. This stuff is a huge problem and nuisance. Its not just this industry but everywhere. The source of most of our problems in this world come down to corruption and theft, especially at the highest levels. The AG in New York has a full time job just going after high level criminals in suits on wall street, non stop. Its out of control people and it is wrecking our economy. Eventually, people are killed over money, the worst thing you can do to a person.

Good luck shutting them down. See if they can be taken to criminal court while your at it. Press charges to the max and put them away. Make an example out of them and see if that helps curtail things.

Evil Dave ;}

Go Back to forum