• Register
  • Help

Topic: Using GOS Lite for creating lead violine lines?

Share/Bookmark

Using GOS Lite for creating lead violine lines?

Hello,
    I plan to purchase the Garritan Lite. Now I ask myself whether this sample library is a really useful construction tool for creating perfectly realistic lead violin lines for example for Pop music, dico-licks and so on.
    Or are the Smart Violines better tool for this?

Re: Using GOS Lite for creating lead violine lines?

Smart violins might be a better choice. The phrases and runs will help quite a bit. However it is just violins, so if you think you may need other sections in the future, GOS Lite is a better choice. SI Lite may also be one to consider in the near future.

Hey Metuschelach!

Read more about the \"King\" here:

http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=000316#000000

He is indeed a monarch... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hansi

hehee that picture still cracks me up. I was so drunk that day (B-day).

Anyhow, I really think the best choice for pop violins are Smart Violins and any of the phrase based violin libraries out there. Vienna Symphonic will even be a contender when the phrases and performances are released.

The thing about pop, is that the strings are usually behind alot of other stuff, so realistic sustains dont need to be suuuuuuuper long, and you dont need many articulations (short bow, sustain, and maybe sordino should be enough)

It helps to have runs and some phrases sampled to make the lines sound more realistic. I dont have Smart Violins, but I\'ve heard it, and music that uses it. The phrases lend an air of realism that cant be pulled off with other string libraries. Still since not every phrase/mode/movement is sampled, you\'ll have some parts that will lose their realism. Nothing as good as the real thing jsut yet.

Also Smart Violins is only one dynamic I believe, but should work in most cases, and might even get some help with a low pass filter.

Hello,
    Thank you for your answer! Because I am a beginner in this forum I don\'t know what \"SI\" means. Are the SI Lite already available, if not when? Which one is better, or is this a question of taste?

p.s.: Why are you calling yourself \"KingIdiot\" and \"Really...I am an Idiot\"?
    Because in my eyes you are not an idot.

Originally posted by Metuschelach:
    Hello,
    Thank you for your answer! Because I am a beginner in this forum I don\'t know what \"SI\" means.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">SI means Sonic Implants. Follow this link to get some info on their strings: http://www.sonicimplants.com/Strings/index.asp.

King, being a double bass player I have the follwing question: you really come along without swells and pizz strings...? Quite astonishing, hehe [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I would not...

Hansi

well swells I can make with filters and volume [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

but pizz yah, I wouldn\'t be able to live with out.... but in disco music? I can prolyl get away without them most of the time.

EDIT.....wait I\'m not sure I read that post right......

Go Back to forum