"Dance For Flute And Cello"

All,

This is my "Dance For Flute And Cello".

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Dance For Flute And Cello"

That's certainly a bit of spritely fun, Larry - Is this a piece you've had for awhile, or have you already been making music with your newly revived computer?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    That's certainly a bit of spritely fun, Larry - Is this a piece you've had for awhile, or have you already been making music with your newly revived computer?

Randy
    I wrote it a few years ago. I haven't written anything new since I installed a motherboard and new power supply in my computer.

I am still having seemingly insurmountable problems logging into this forum. I am using a friend's computer to write this message. I'm about to give up (after nine years on this forum) and call it quits. I'm almost eighty years old and my strength is pretty much gone.

Thanks for your messages, my friend.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    I wrote it a few years ago. I haven't written anything new since I installed a motherboard and new power supply in my computer.
    You may have typed, "motherboard," but I read, "mamaboard."

Of course, the music is wonderful. Spritely is a great word for it. (Though Chrome claims it is not a word at all!) This is very simple instrumentation, but the resulting composition is very intricate and playful. I really enjoyed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    I am still having seemingly insurmountable problems logging into this forum. I am using a friend's computer to write this message. I'm about to give up (after nine years on this forum) and call it quits. I'm almost eighty years old and my strength is pretty much gone.

Thanks for your messages, my friend.

Best,

Larry
    Really sorry to hear you are still having computer/forum issues. Though I know not all online communities last forever, I still find it hard to believe that this one has fallen so far in just a few years. I remember being recommended to this forum from the Finale forums, which were a joke. Everyone was posting - no one was listening. This community has had great posts from both composers and listeners (which admittedly, both roles are typically filled by everyone), and it is unfortunate to see the state it is in now.

That being said, I really hope you can stick around for longer! Your posts are always a welcome site!

Thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    You may have typed, "motherboard," but I read, "mamaboard."

Of course, the music is wonderful. Spritely is a great word for it. (Though Chrome claims it is not a word at all!) This is very simple instrumentation, but the resulting composition is very intricate and playful. I really enjoyed it!

Really sorry to hear you are still having computer/forum issues. Though I know not all online communities last forever, I still find it hard to believe that this one has fallen so far in just a few years. I remember being recommended to this forum from the Finale forums, which were a joke. Everyone was posting - no one was listening. This community has had great posts from both composers and listeners (which admittedly, both roles are typically filled by everyone), and it is unfortunate to see the state it is in now.

That being said, I really hope you can stick around for longer! Your posts are always a welcome site!

Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for your concern, Mister Mike. I appreciate it.

Things HAVE really changed a lot with this forum through the years. My friend Randy Bowser has worked very hard to maintain the high standards of the original forum against mounting odds. We are all thankful for his dedication.

Thank you for your support concerning my music. Live long and prosper.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Another delight from the pen of Alexander! When the flute started I kept getting this image of Leprechauns prancing around the cello. How much did you have to pay them for the stand up?

Great articulations on both the flute and cello and swapping of musical ideas between them.

I sure hope you don't give up coming here. it would be a great loss, both in hearing your sanguine, infectious music, and in receiving your supportive, heartfelt replies which are so needed here.

I like what Glenn Gould once said, "Behind every silver lining there's a cloud." We'll just continue to blow those clouds away!!

Take care my friend,

Cass

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    Another delight from the pen of Alexander! When the flute started I kept getting this image of Leprechauns prancing around the cello. How much did you have to pay them for the stand up?

Great articulations on both the flute and cello and swapping of musical ideas between them.

I sure hope you don't give up coming here. it would be a great loss, both in hearing your sanguine, infectious music, and in receiving your supportive, heartfelt replies which are so needed here.

I like what Glenn Gould once said, "Behind every silver lining there's a cloud." We'll just continue to blow those clouds away!!

Take care my friend,

Cass
    I couldn't find any leprechauns so I gathered together a group of short people volunteers.

Thanks, as always, for your input, Mister Cass.

A good day to you.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum