• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Bardstown Bosendorfer Jazz Trio Demo

Share/Bookmark

New Bardstown Bosendorfer Jazz Trio Demo

Here is a new Jazz Trio demo of the Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial, which also features Dan Dean\'s Acoustic Bass and Jim Roseberry\'s Purrrfect Drums.

Enjoy!

http://www.bardstownaudio.com/mp3/come.mp3

Kip

Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Re: New Bardstown Bosendorfer Jazz Trio Demo

It sounds great, Kip.

-- Martin

Thank you so much Martin!

Glad you like it!

Kip

I really do like this track as well, Kip. I heard over at the Steinberg forum that this was made with the HALion native version and with releases. How did you solve the release sample problem?

Also where do you get all these cool Jazz MIDI files from? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hasen,

Glad you like the demo!

In order to get decay release note off samples to work properly in HALion, you have to add a few ms of looped silence onto the front end of the release samples and have them trigger with the note down, and of course you hear the remaining portion of the release sample once you let the note up on the keyboard controller. Somewhat of a tricky work around for HALion in order to get decay release note off samples to work properly on instruments that have a natural volume decay on sustained notes.

Kip

Good demo but...

I really like the sound of that piano, and I\'m this close to buying it (holds fingers real close together...) BUT,

As a drummer (almost a musician) by trade, I found the drum part to be kinda\' lame. Especially the use of hihat hits instead of pedaled on the offbeats. Not that it\'s impossible, just not \"typical\" of the genre. Very little footwork overall, almost no kick I could hear. If this were the drummer in my trio, I\'d fire him.

Sorry to even mention it coz the piano sounds fab. I\'m just a picky drummer - what can I say?

PS. I\'d love to hear more bluesy, aggressive piano demos. Everybody\'s got these nice rounded, soft \"tonal\" sample demos, but none of the pianos ever seem to have enough bite or \"thwack\" (another drummer technical term) for my liking. How \'bout some Albert Ammons or Meade Lux Lewis demos?

thats\'s it for me. If you disagree strongly, please be gentle. It\'s my first post.
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hi Timpossible,

Glad you like the sound of the Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial!

The drum sequences are \"canned\" sequences, and no doubt the drums could have been much better sequenced had I taken the time to work on them a bit more.

Regarding blues demos, here are links to some blues demos on the mp3 demo page of our web site..

Enjoy!

http://www.bardstownaudio.com/mp3/005.mp3

http://www.bardstownaudio.com/mp3/006.mp3

http://www.bardstownaudio.com/mp3/008.mp3

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

They\'re nice Kip but I think by Ammons and Lewis he\'s referring to something with a higher tempo. Boogie-Woogie if I\'m not mistaken. I\'d also be interested to hear the piano in this style.

Originally posted by Hasen:
    They\'re nice Kip but I think by Ammons and Lewis he\'s referring to something with a higher tempo. Boogie-Woogie if I\'m not mistaken. I\'d also be interested to hear the piano in this style.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I will be posting a couple of new Boogie Woogie demos in the next couple hours.

Kip

Go Back to forum