• Register
  • Help

Topic: Live Studio drums

Share/Bookmark

Live Studio drums

Just visited Harmony Central, and came across this news titbit: Live Studio Drums

Take this idea one step further, and apply it to bass lines, guitar, brass arrangements, and you would be able to realise an entire project played by LIVE musicians through the internet.
    I think it’s a great idea, and when you compare the price asked by the company offering the service of a live drummer with the price you have to pay for hiring a real drummer and studio time, it’s very cheap.

Re: Live Studio drums

one of my friend is already doing that for drums here :
    http://www.drum-tracks.com/

Originally posted by Jan:
    Just visited Harmony Central, and came across this news titbit: Live Studio Drums

Take this idea one step further, and apply it to bass lines, guitar, brass arrangements, and you would be able to realise an entire project played by LIVE musicians through the internet.
    I think it’s a great idea, and when you compare the price asked by the company offering the service of a live drummer with the price you have to pay for hiring a real drummer and studio time, it’s very cheap.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">They have some of the cheesiest demos ever...but I gotta say, the drums sounded good...about as good as some of the better loop libraries. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The drummer is good, and yep...drums sound great. This is a super idea. This should be a preview of things to come...we should all find a place to help each other out at decent prices like this....be it guitar or bass, whatever.

I know I for one would love to find a great synth programmer...someone who I could send a sample of something to...like an excerpt from a record...and say...\"Get me that kind of thing\" and have him whip it out. I am not good at programming synths for dance stuff, etc...and when it comes up...I spend ages jerking around and never get what I want but usually have to settle for something in the ballpark.

Go Back to forum