• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Atmosphere released!!!

Share/Bookmark

Re: Atmosphere released!!!

dammit!!

I\'m building new gigamachines. Anyone want to buy me an Xmas present [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

sigh....man I\'m buying it of course...but still...sigh...my budget is being blown out of the water each day it seems [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hi Dave....Glad you are digging it! Response has been totally insane....very nice after such a long development time.

The saving and favorites functions are covered in the manual. If you can\'t tear yourself away from the computer to read the paper version, you can download the pdf Users Guide which has the same info.

http://www.spectrasonics.net/atmosphere/usersguide/index.html

Another groovy thing about the pdf file, is that you can use it to search for specific patches by name. One thing we realized close to the end of the development of the sounds, was that a built-in search function in the interface would have been really nice...but there wasn\'t time to add it to 1.00. It\'s on the boards for a future update, but in the meantime, you can do the same thing with the pdf file, by searching the patch list page and then you can locate a particular sound that you only remember by name. (Where was that \"Bob needs a new Zephyr\" patch anyway......:-)

All the best,

spectrum (EP)

Hi Craig....it\'s about the same CPU load as ABsynth...if that means anything to you.

What sort of rig do you have?

spectrum

Originally posted by Sharmy:
    Dave,

I am curious to the drag on your CPU. Are you using Mac or PC?. Are you using your computer for other things? These are my biggest concerns since I am dumping my mixing board to go internal in the next few weeks.

Thanx
    Craig
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Craig

CPU use seems very reasonable on my dual 1Ghz G4 Mac in Logic. I was expecting it to be much heavier than Stylus so I was pleasantly surprised. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Found the favourites function!!! Thanks Eric.
    That\'s a really cool way of doing it too! I love being able to put them in my own categories/sub folders

BTW. The Hollywood Studio String Section patch is a VERY pleasant surprise!!!! There\'s a lovely bow scrape at the high end.

Guys:

I don\'t know what you\'re talking about. I got it in the mail this morning, loaded it up -- and it hasn\'t done anything. Hasn\'t written a new piece. Hasn\'t corrected my crappy keyboard playing. Hasn\'t even gotten me coffee. Dang -- hasn\'t even OFFERRED to get me coffee.

With products like this, I\'m beginning to regret firing my entire composing staff and then setting fire to their homes.

I think the next time someone on this board suggests that a program will \"practically write the pieces itself\" you should include some kind of legal disclaimer.

Now, I\'ve got some fires to put out. Literally.

- Stew
    VideoHelper, Inc

P.S. But aside from the non-composing/coffee thing, it rocks. A lot. Unfortunately, now everyone here wants one.

Ive been playing with atmopsphere here for a week or two and all i can say is its totally awesome!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Congrats Eric for this extremely nice instrument!

/Tobias

Originally posted by Videohlper:
    Hasn\'t even gotten me coffee. Dang -- hasn\'t even OFFERRED to get me coffee.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey Stew....Coffee Control™ is something we are working on for 2.00.....you\'ve forced me to reveal it!
    P.S. But aside from the non-composing/coffee thing, it rocks. A lot. Unfortunately, now everyone here wants one.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I think that depends on your perspective....for example, I think that\'s quite nice! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Have fun with it....

spectrum
    [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Marsdy:
    Found the favourites function!!! Thanks Eric. That\'s a really cool way of doing it too! I love being able to put them in my own categories/sub folders
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">By the way, that works with every plug-in you have....now you know why we think host integration is a pretty great thing!

BTW. The Hollywood Studio String Section patch is a VERY pleasant surprise!!!! There\'s a lovely bow scrape at the high end.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yeah...the real string orchestra sounds are a pretty nice \"bonus\". Quite proud of that one, as I think sonically it holds its own quite well, even when compared to the mega-dollar string libraries (albeit without all the articulations).

Be sure to experiment with the Mixer to adjust wet/dry balance of the Ambient mics. By lengthening the release of the Ambient mic layer, you can change the reverb time....pretty useful!

spectrum

Originally posted by Sharmy:
    Hi Eric,

Dual Gig....will be running two motu boxes full up (the new 2408 mark 3) with plugins (I don\'t process much but will want a few reverbs and maybe a couple eq\'s and delays).

Thanx
    Craig
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That\'s about the best rig available on the native Mac side. The reverbs will kill you the most.....especially Altiverb!

You should be able to have loads of fun.

best,

spectrum

Go Back to forum