• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Bosendorfer East West

Share/Bookmark

Bosendorfer East West

Why noboby speak about this sample? How does it sound compared with other Bosendorfer Sample?(Bardstown-PMI).
    Bye
    Robi

Re: Bosendorfer East West

If you need a Bosendorfer, get the Post Media Bosendorfer 290 - it\'s fantastic sounding! The original East West Bosendorfer is alright, but nothing compared to the 290

The Bardstown Bosendorfer is excellent! No other sampled piano compares to this one.

Originally posted by Studio Wizzard:
    The Bardstown Bosendorfer is excellent! No other sampled piano compares to this one.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Have you really compared it with the Post Bosendorfer 290? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by PeterRoos:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Studio Wizzard:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Have you really compared it with the Post Bosendorfer 290? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Peter,

I have made an extensive search of my computer data base of customers and also searched through every order form in my filing cabinets, and nowhere can I find evidence that you have purchased the Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial. I am the only distributor of our products in the world and I keep detailed records of all of our sales. Considering this, I have to conclude that you have not played the Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Kip, Peter Roos didn\'t say that, Studio Wizzard did. Unless his name is Peter as well.

Originally posted by Studio Wizzard:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

(edit: - I have taken out my angry reaction).

Kip, you just couldn\'t be more wrong. Read that line again in my post. it was not meant to suggest that I had done any comparing myself. I wrote it from the perspective of being a happy owner of a Post Bosendorfer 290 (license).

Peter

Kip,

I saw you using this theory to question people once, and I\'m seeing it here again. Now I\'d like you to know that there\'s other possibility.

I run a studio of my own. When I dine out with my clients, or buy equipments/ softwares for my studio, I\'ll ask for the receipts with my studio\'s \"business number\" (I don\'t know how you people call it in English) so I can give the receipts to my accountant to save me some tax.

I got problems when I buy things from out of Taiwan, cause there is no way for foreign companies to give me receipts with my studio\'s business number on them. Therefore, when I need to buy things from out of Taiwan, I ask one of my friends who owns a store himself and can handle import/export business to buy them for me, and then he resells them to me with the same price, and most important, with the receipts from his company, so that I can save some tax out of these purchase.

His name is Paul Fang, and the store name is MIDIMALL. I believe you\'ll find the names in your database, cause I asked him to buy your piano sample for me, just like I asked him to buy Stylus, World Winds, Post Stenway D & Bosendorfor, my TC M-5000 & my Neve pre.

That\'s why my name\'s not in your list, but I do own - and have paid for - your piano. Which, by the way, I can\'t re-sell to others according to the license, but very much want to, after I got my Post Bosendorfor. (This is not an emotional response, but only an personal opinion to the question in this thread.)

Hi,

The Eastwest Bosendorfer...

Both Bosendorfer and Steinway B from Eastwest was sampled by Olivier Truan.

Both piano are very good tuned and the velocity are very good.

(3 real velocity up and down ->Steinway B)
    (4 real velocity up and down ->Bosendorfer 275)

You can patch those piano very easy with 8 programmed velocity up and down or 16 velocity layers.

I\'ve made a patch for the Steinway B (EW) :
    you can download the patch at the end of the page of :

The velocity of this piano (the real velocity) are very good choosen. So it\'s easy to programm several velocity for a top piano.

I use the Steinway B V5.0 (with my patch) in Live !

(The sound isn\'t compressed or filtered and you have a natural piano/real piano for live performance)

www.realprosounds.com

I prefer the Steinway B (EW) with a litle NFX4 effect.

I prefer a Piano with 3 good real velocity than a piano with 6 very bad sampled velocity (with transition not natual- several strange colour)

-> for example the Steinway D (Grandioso) have strange colour ! (According to me to much programmed with not natural ear or samples)

(I play each week on a real Steinway D, and i love Steinway piano)

I\'ve listened the demo (.mp3) of PMI bosendorfer.
    I think it\'s a correct Piano (better than the EW Bosendorfer with my patch (8 or 16 velocitylayers)

The PMI bodendorfer is much better than the Steinway D grandioso.

Perhaps, i will buy it in the next weeks...

I don\'t like the .mp3 demo of the Grandioso
    However, i haven\'t tested \'the grandioso\'

I haven\'t tested the Kip Bosendorfer, however this piano seems to be good for Blues, Jazz.

Olivier

I haven\'t tried Kip\'s BOS, but I will admit to comparing numerous mp3s of BOTH Bos pianos: PMI and KIP\'s. For my purposes PMI was the way to go, no question.

The East West Bos doesn\'t have as nice a tone as the PMI.

I agree with Olivier that the East West Steinway is a great sample: IF you are prepared to play around with filters, vel layers and so on. Olivier\'s patch may be very good, I have just run out of space on my itsy-bitsy drive to test it.

Again, go to my site, or another other you can find, and compare compare compare these different pianos!!! Too bad there isn\'t a dealer out there who has set them up so you can try them out yourself before forking over. (Maybe there is in the States, but not up here in the GWN, as far as I know.) I\'ve made some expensive mistakes.

John
    http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/42/john_lewis_grant.html

Go Back to forum