• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: A Late Summer Promenade

Share/Bookmark

Arrow A Late Summer Promenade

I know, I know, I wasn’t going to write any more piano music for a while, and that was my intent, but last week I went for a long walk with my dogs and the late summer sensibility just heightened by musical senses to a point that when I got home I had to write out what I was feeling…hence this piece.

It’s about as late summer as you can get since I took the stroll one day before the first day of autumn. In the intro you can hear the birds singing and at around 2:30 you can hear my recollection of seeing a magnificent swallow tail butterfly fluttering around from flower to flower.

I know the piece is not a great effort on my part, but it is a genuine inspirational snapshot of how nature can move us if we let it and for that reason I’m pleased with it. And some of you might enjoy it.

I might add, since this is a slow piece, try to listen to it when you have some down time, are not rushed, and have time to close your eyes and drift (preferably with a drink at hand) off into your own vision of a tranquil getaway.

Cass
    Garritan Authorized Steinway underlid

A Late Summer Promenade Music

A Late Summer Promenade Score

Re: A Late Summer Promenade

Cass, this is susch a remarkable piece. I LUV piano music! The Garritan piano really sounds great. It's a shame they don't sell it anymore, I would so buy it after listening to this. However, I am still having fun with my Black Grand Piano. How are you finding the black grand so far?

Anyways, the composition really does bring out the summer feel, kind of like walking in a park and being happy! I loved it, great work Cass!

Regards,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    Cass, this is susch a remarkable piece. I LUV piano music! The Garritan piano really sounds great. It's a shame they don't sell it anymore, I would so buy it after listening to this. However, I am still having fun with my Black Grand Piano. How are you finding the black grand so far?

Anyways, the composition really does bring out the summer feel, kind of like walking in a park and being happy! I loved it, great work Cass!

Regards,

Richard
    Richard
    Thanks so much Richard. I posted a reply to you this morning and it showed up on the thread. This evening it has disappeared. Very strange! However I’ll try it one more time

I love the piano too….duh…..does it show? After hearing how beautiful the soundiron’s libraries are, thanks to you for pointing me in that direction, I really want to start composing for orchestra again and especially try my hand at writing for choir and soloists in compositions. I’ve not gone that route yet in composing so it will be a new adventure.

It is a shame that they discontinued the Garritan Steinway. Perhaps in the near future they will revamp it and put it back in their library catalog. I just started using the Black Grand this week. I really like it. It seems to blend better with the orchestral samples than the Garritan Steinway, although I still prefer the Garritan for solo work. Maybe in a few weeks I’ll post some of my new endeavors containing the Black Grand.!

Summer always goes away too fast, especially as you get older. So I wanted to write something that would remind me of late summer while I shiver through another winter. I was actually walking through a park as I wrote some of this in my head so you’re right on. I love the inspiration you can get from nature when you’re open to it.

Thanks again for the reply!!

Cass

Hey Cass,

Fortunately, I was able to read the previous post earlier, I am always checking on here. My entire Dramatic War thread was erased with comments to it as well. I'm sticking it out... Garritan Forum is like my second home! So, I'll be here until the end regardless of the complications! I am hoping they will bring back the Garritan Piano too. The Black Grand has nice deep low tone that fits my music, but I am sure the Garritan Piano will fit in other areas that the BG won't.

Again, Great work in this!

Cheers friend,

Richard

Hello Cass! I wrote this post a week ago, but couldn't post it then! Seems I lost it again last night, so hopefully this time it sticks! Here it is!

Good morning Cass! (And good morning Forum - welcome back after that temporary hiatus of some sort!)

I love the Fall. I know this technically isn't a fall composition, but it's close enough! I enjoyed this piece while sipping my morning coffee this morning - what a great way to start the day! I love those random strokes of inspiration where everything just seems to fall into place, and it seems you have had a stroke here! Err... wait, I meant... you know.
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Another excellent piece of music Cass. I found it to be a very pleasant listen. It definitely sounds like a nice walk down a path of trees, flowers and birds. I particularly liked the idea of having a drink in my hand when I listened. I enjoy listening to your music. Jay

Oh my. This is nothing short of amazing. Beautiful. As a piano composition, I think I do the instrument justice. From a composition standpoint, this piece is magnificent.

Art
    Arthur J. Michaels
    https://www.facebook.com/composerarthurjmichaels

Finale 2000 through Finales 25.4 (currently using Finale 25.4)
    Garritan COMB2, GPO4, GPO5, Audacity 2.1.3
    Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home Premium x64
    Dell 2408 WFP, 1920x1200
    M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
    M-Audio AV-40 monitors

Very nice! Very nice! Did I forget to say how nice this is?

I like your "theme and variations" approach with this fine piece of music. Great sound!

Thanks for sharing your immense talent with us, Mister Cass.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Cass, yours is the third piece of music I wrote a response to two days ago when the hacked Forum was struggling back to life. Apparently the output of my "Foruming" that morning didn't make the transition when PaPaChalk got the site back up and running on a new server.

So, my absolutely Briiiiiliant flow of words are gone, written directly after I heard "A Late Summer Promenade" for the first time and I was letting my fingers fly on the keyboard.

I can't re-create what I said before - but came back to post something again, because I wanted you to know that once again I had a tremendous time gliding along on this astonishing flow of music you've created. I remember I commented in that lost post on the wonderful Romanticism of this piece. Write for piano, write for orchestra, write for whatever you want - just don't stop writing!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    Hello Cass! I wrote this post a week ago, but couldn't post it then! Seems I lost it again last night, so hopefully this time it sticks! Here it is!

Good morning Cass! (And good morning Forum - welcome back after that temporary hiatus of some sort!)

I love the Fall. I know this technically isn't a fall composition, but it's close enough! I enjoyed this piece while sipping my morning coffee this morning - what a great way to start the day! I love those random strokes of inspiration where everything just seems to fall into place, and it seems you have had a stroke here! Err... wait, I meant... you know.
    Hey Michael,

I think we all posted some replies that first day because of the excitement that the forum was back up and running, only to find them evaporate later that day. But it seems things are back on an even keel now.

Late summer, early autumn, the piece works in both time slots, at least until the cold rains cometh.

Occasionally I can sit down and write out a piece in its entirety in one sitting. This was the case with this piece, but unfortunately, that doesn’t happen often. Those rare moments when the inspiration transcends any roadblocks your musical mind erects.

Stroke eh….well, when you come down to it, it wasn’t a physical stroke (yet) and I like to think it was the inspirational stroke you were referring to, but it could be just as well a “stroke” of luck. I’ll stay with your nomination, the stroke of inspiration….and on that note(s)…I’m going to get a cup of coffee myself.

Cass

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast