• Register
  • Help

Topic: A suggestion to Nemesys ...

Share/Bookmark

A suggestion to Nemesys ...

..so how long doest it take to develope your product under win2k?
    Nemesys claims their products to be professional ..and then develope them under win9x?
    Amazing ...

Re: A suggestion to Nemesys ...

Nemesys has already responded to this issue on this forum. They indicated GigaStudio will support Win2k toward the end of the year. An important point in their response was the current limited availability of Win2k sound card drivers. I have an Echo card, for example, and I see from Echo\'s web site that Win2k drivers for it are still in beta and, I assume, unsupported. So even if you had a Win2k version of Giga, your sound card might not work with it yet.

Maybe even more important is the multiprocessor support of W2K Nem. is working on.

If done right (which Nem. is aiming for) it woud allow GS and let\'s say a sequencer to use separate processors.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Isozz II:
    ..so how long doest it take to develope your product under win2k?
    Nemesys claims their products to be professional ..and then develope them under win9x?
    Amazing ...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, let me ask you a question... Do you know how easy/difficult it is to port a program from 9x to 2K? Most simple things are fairly easy, but audio stuff isn\'t so. Not to mention the fact that many audio cards don\'t support 2K...

Another question...Name other professional audio applications that run in 2K? Reaktor doesn\'t...

Go Back to forum