• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: IF you see this post you are on a new server.

Share/Bookmark

IF you see this post you are on a new server.

If you are seeing this post you are on the new server. More updates to come. Some may experience dns outages and or old site links until the new location propagates through the internet over the next few days.

Re: IF you see this post you are on a new server.

Quote Originally Posted by PaPa Chalk View Post
    If you are seeing this post you are on the new server. More updates to come. Some may experience dns outages and or old site links until the new location propagates through the internet over the next few days.
    Ah! That must explain what I was about to post about - At the Forum this morning, I see that all my posts from yesterday are missing. I listened to and commented on three pieces posted in The Listening Room, but none of those posts are visible today, and the number counters don't reflect my replies either. This has to be due to the transition you're talking about, PaPa.

Also, you sent me a PM yesterday - A pop-up alerted me to that, but when I clicked the link, an error came up saying there was no message.

I'll patiently wait. It's still great to see the results of all the work you've obviously done on saving the site, PaPa!

----I wonder if this reply will appear?

Randy

I see it and I'm glad to see the transition seems to be working.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

And now it's beginning to look like home again! Thanks PaPa Chalk.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Thanks for your hard work PaPa! I can tell it is on a new server, the pages look much shinier!

Really, though, everything seems to be loading much more responsively, so thanks again!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

My new posts here in General are consistently showing up, but my three posts from yesterday in The Listening Room are still missing. Maybe they got lost in the shuffle of switching servers?-- Kind of a drag, I listened to three pieces, wrote responses to them. I'll check again tomorrow.

Randy

With some trepidation, I called up Northern Sounds on my browser, selected the top choice and hit enter.. Yay! We seem to be back.

I missed this place. Nice to see it up and running again. Many thanks, PaPa Chalk!

Kevin
    Cheers,

Kevin F..

KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

Bella Vista Studios
    Canada

GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    My new posts here in General are consistently showing up, but my three posts from yesterday in The Listening Room are still missing. Maybe they got lost in the shuffle of switching servers?-- Kind of a drag, I listened to three pieces, wrote responses to them.
    Yeah, and I'm one of 'em! Randy, I greatly value your feedback. Please PM me your comment. I glanced at it, but didn't have a chance to read and consider before it was gone.

I'm also delighted that the forum is back. Thank you, PaPa Chalk.

Thanks.

Art
    Arthur J. Michaels
    https://www.facebook.com/composerarthurjmichaels

Finale 2000 through Finales 25.4 (currently using Finale 25.4)
    Garritan COMB2, GPO4, GPO5, Audacity 2.1.3
    Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home Premium x64
    Dell 2408 WFP, 1920x1200
    M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
    M-Audio AV-40 monitors

Thanks soooooo much PaPa!!! Everything loads and refreshes like lightening now. It feels like a real website once again.

Thanks for all your efforts to bring our community back together again. It's like a 2nd home to us and life in music is not the same without feedback from peers you really respect!

Cass

Quote Originally Posted by PaPa Chalk View Post
    Hello Papa Chalk,

It's good to be back again.

Like everyone else here,I'd like to thank you for all your hard work and hope that things will run smoothly for you.

very best wishes,

Michael
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum