• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Computer Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

The Computer Orchestra

I came across this on another site and thought some of you may want to check it out.

The Computer Orchestra

I found it interesting that the guy conducting is conducting a computer screen that is connected to an XBox 360 that has a motion detector interfaced to it. AMAZING
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: The Computer Orchestra

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    I came across this on another site and thought some of you may want to check it out.

The Computer Orchestra

I found it interesting that the guy conducting is conducting a computer screen that is connected to an XBox 360 that has a motion detector interfaced to it. AMAZING
    That was really awesome Rich! Thank you for sharing. ~Rodney

Very cool Rich ... thanks' for sharing! I'm figuring the s/w somewhere along the line would have to 'learn' the conductor's moves. I don't think I've ever seen any two conductors in my lifetime with the same technique, most being pretty different from Conducting 101!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Very cool Rich ... thanks' for sharing! I'm figuring the s/w somewhere along the line would have to 'learn' the conductor's moves. I don't think I've ever seen any two conductors in my lifetime with the same technique, most being pretty different from Conducting 101!
    If you look closely, there is a shot of the conductor over his shoulder and you see that he is waving his hands in a pattern that connects various screen icons representing each module of the song for each computer set up in front of him. It is not conducting as you would learn in Conducting 101 but pattern flow from each computer in the orchestra.

At least that is what I see when I look at the video.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Go Back to forum