• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Sarah Nayde"

Share/Bookmark

"Sarah Nayde"

Boyzen Gurles,

This is my punny tribute to a chick named Sarah.

"Sarah Nayde"

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/SarahNayde.mp3

All of the instruments are from the Garritan Personal Orchestra sample library. The violas play a prominent part throughout.

All of the chordal changes are standard and predictable. It's not good but it IS sleep-inducing.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Sarah Nayde"

Wonderful to hear some orchestral work from you, Larry - AND glad you're one of the intrepid souls who has ventured back into the Forum. AND I trust your new computer is behaving well and giving you joy?

Beautiful piece - Thank you!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Wonderful to hear some orchestral work from you, Larry - AND glad you're one of the intrepid souls who has ventured back into the Forum. AND I trust your new computer is behaving well and giving you joy?

Beautiful piece - Thank you!

Randy
    Except for taking forever and nine days to boot, my 'puter is working semi-AOK. Of course, at my age it takes that long for my old bod to boot every morning.

This forum seems to be almost back to normal. Yay!

Thanks. Take care.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hello Larry!

I'm excited to hear that the forum seems to be working well for you! Hopefully with the upgrade, others who had issues will find them resolved, too!

I'm not sure I have heard a composition from you of this size before, so this is nice to hear! I really enjoyed the walking chord progression. It complemented the flowing upper-strings very well. I didn't find this sleep-inducing at all! Though, perhaps that is because I had my volume a bit higher than I usually do when listening to music on the forum.

I enjoyed the listen, thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    Hello Larry!

I'm excited to hear that the forum seems to be working well for you! Hopefully with the upgrade, others who had issues will find them resolved, too!

I'm not sure I have heard a composition from you of this size before, so this is nice to hear! I really enjoyed the walking chord progression. It complemented the flowing upper-strings very well. I didn't find this sleep-inducing at all! Though, perhaps that is because I had my volume a bit higher than I usually do when listening to music on the forum.

I enjoyed the listen, thanks for sharing!
    I appreciate your taking the time to listen to "Sarah...", Mister Michael. Thanks for your kindness to an old person.

Best Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Here's one for your new computer Laarry....hip, hip, hooray.....especially if it can produce orchestral works right off the bat!

And good for you Larry giving the much neglected violas a starring role in this orchestration. They really shine, much like this piece in general.

I'm so glad to have you back and running again. I now feel the forum is really back on track......I knew something was missing but I couldn't quite place it until I heard this.

My best,
    Cass

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    Here's one for your new computer Laarry....hip, hip, hooray.....especially if it can produce orchestral works right off the bat!

And good for you Larry giving the much neglected violas a starring role in this orchestration. They really shine, much like this piece in general.

I'm so glad to have you back and running again. I now feel the forum is really back on track......I knew something was missing but I couldn't quite place it until I heard this.

My best,
    Cass
    Thanks, Mister Caaasss.

I have always liked the sound of a full viola section. It's a great instrument.

My best to you, Sir.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

EH EH EH!! Larry! This is good stuff! Sarah EH, who is this Sarah Chick? EH!!! I'm luving this peace... sweeping me away to a magical land!

Great Stuff! Thanks for sharing great piece. Looking forward to more compositions from you.

Regards,

Your Canadian Friend EH!

Richard :P

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    EH EH EH!! Larry! This is good stuff! Sarah EH, who is this Sarah Chick? EH!!! I'm luving this peace... sweeping me away to a magical land!

Great Stuff! Thanks for sharing great piece. Looking forward to more compositions from you.

Regards,

Your Canadian Friend EH!

Richard :P
    Is it snowing yet? Is it snowing yet? Is it snowing yet?

I am told that all Canadians hibernate for the entire Winter. They dig a hole in the snow, crawl in and are not seen again until the following Spring. Is that correct, Eh?

I am glad that you like my little musical effort, Mister Richard. Thanks for the good review.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum