• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Song. Is it Sappy?

New Song. Is it Sappy?

I just finished this, and I don\'t think I\'ll be doing anything else to it. I think it turned out a bit too sappy for my taste, but I\'d like some opinions. Maybe it\'s just me. I want honest opinions, no B.S.!!! Thanks. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: New Song. Is it Sappy?

I don\'t think it\'s \"too sappy\" at all. To me, sappiness is in the ear of the beholder, and this ear doesn\'t hear the maple syrup! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

One thing did kinda bother me, though: in the first section I immediately tried to find the pulse of the tune and failed. If that was intentional, congratulations! If not, you might want to see about bringing up any rhythmic elements (i.e. the guitar) in the mix so that the listener knows where things are at and where they\'re going.

My $0.02. Take it for what it\'s worth. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Dallas, Texas

Rather than giving up on it, I would just ditch the rhythmic part in the middle. That\'s not doing anything for you. Then give the rest of it an arc, by developing some countermelodic components and varying up the colors.

Thanks for the advice. This song wasn\'t supposed to go anything like this, at all. It\'s so BORING! I thought I\'d do something different, but I messed it up pretty bad, I think, so I\'ll probably just go and do it over again. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum