• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS techniques for string solos

GOS techniques for string solos

Want to restate how wonderful this site is.

I am looking for techniques or tutorials. Could anyone direct me to any threads in this forum or other sites for information.

Re: GOS techniques for string solos

I forgot to add...

while were at it could any of you post resources
    (books, websites, etc.) for the giga composer newbie.

Orcas Island

Northern Sounds is a wonderful site and there is a wealth of resources here (especially in the people who post here). You could find a great deal of information by using the \"seach\" engine in NS and perusing old threads.

If there is specific information about GOS, please drop by the Northern Sounds GOS forum. There are a number of techniques that have been posted over the past year. Also, there is a Tips & Techniques section of the GOS web site.

I gather from your heading that you may be looking for resources relating to string writing. If so, I would recommend some of Alexander Publishing\'s books and courses. If you wish, I could provide you a list some of the classic orchestration texts. For learning Giga Studio, there is nothing better than Dave Govett\'s GigaStudio Mastery Course on CD-ROM. GSM is a must-have for a newbie learning GigaStudio. Hope this helps.

Gary Garritan

thanks for the reply, would love your recommendations on orchestration books. I\'ll be sure to post in the proper forum next time [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] The tutorial cd also sounds like a great resource. I will definately pick it up.

Go Back to forum