• Register
  • Help

Topic: Have you ever been to Sundance?

Have you ever been to Sundance?

Yesterday, after 1-1/2 years of 10-12 hour work days, I booked myself a well-deserved skiing vacation on my return trip from NAMM. Utah it was. (I\'m no world traveller, most of my life, I skiied Great Gorge, NJ [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) I wanted to try something different. Why not Park City? Well, the entire town was booked up. They could only find me the last available 1-bedroom condo for a mere $308 per night (at 6 nights). So, what\'s going on?

SUNDANCE Film Festival.

So, what\'s Sundance like? Have you ever gone? Did you mingle? Have you ridden the lifts with Robert, Martin or Steven? Did you get your first big break there? (I know you\'re going to crush the I-was-discovered-at-a-film-festival urban legend [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] ).

I\'ll be skiing the other side of the mountains at Alta and staying in Salt Lake for a lot less. I want to drop by Sundance for a day and see what its like. Is it too late to buy tickets? Do I ski during the day or just walk around? Film previews at night? What to wear? How can I mingle if I\'m sweating after skiing? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I\'m only kidding, I\'m not a mingler.

If I were a young LA aspiring composer, I would get 2-3 buddies, get one of those condos, take a vacation, and hit the festival every year. Would you?

So, give us those stories.

P.S. If you see someone stuck head first, frozen, stuck in 60\" of powder, it\'s me. (I don\'t ski powder) Please thaw me out and send me to NJ.

Happy New Year.

Re: Have you ever been to Sundance?

Believe it or not I just got through skiing a day there today. Snowed all day. They are expecting 2 to 4 feet of snow in the next 24 hours. It was great. Of course I had to say that because I work there in the winter. I\'ve worked winters there for 25+ years. It\'s probably one of the most beautiful settings for a ski resort anywhere. Its not a big resort. One of Utah\'s smallest, and also the lowest in altitude. Makes breathing easier. Check it out.

Re: Have you ever been to Sundance?

Hi Cody,

Just wanted to thank you for your reponse and impressions of Park City. You picked a great place to work and ski.

After all this, my trip to NAMM and Utah is cancelled (a date with surgery). I\'ll be fine, but with no NAMM and no skiing in Utah, I\'ll be in deep depression for a while. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Until next year.

(didn\'t mean to resurrect this thread - let it die)

Go Back to forum