• Register
  • Help

Topic: Y1

Share/Bookmark

Y1

Y1

This utilizes:

1) An organ-like instrument that I designed in a synthesizer made by a non-Garritan company. This is the most prominent instrument.

2) GPO 4, patch SAM Trombone Section KS. This plays the same notes as the above but at a reduced level of volume.

I like the tone of my organ-like instrument but I wanted to bring more warmth to the overall sound, hence the addition of the sampled trombones.

https://soundcloud.com/chrismabry/y1-1

Re: Y1

Chris,

This sounds really enticing but unfortunately the site is not working for me. The soundcloud wave shows and the play button when pressed turns to the "pause" icon, but the locator bar at the beginning of the wave never moves.

Guess I'll try again later incase something is wrong with the site.

Cass

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    Chris,

This sounds really enticing but unfortunately the site is not working for me. The soundcloud wave shows and the play button when pressed turns to the "pause" icon, but the locator bar at the beginning of the wave never moves.

Guess I'll try again later incase something is wrong with the site.

Cass
    Thanks for the tip, Cass. I just tried it and it works for me now although I did have some problems last night when I first uploaded.

Chris

This sounds cool! It reminds me of an old horror or mystery movie kind of theme. Nice synth creation!

Regards,

Richard

Chris! This has kind of a spooky sound to me. Your synth organ sounds a little like someone rubbing wet fingers down glass tubes. It has a cool mysterious sound. I like it. Thanks for the post. Jay

It's good to see you're still experimenting away, Mabry. Very large crystal glasses (impossibly large) being rubbed is a good description.

Visit some other people's posts, and I bet you'd find even more listeners.

Randy

Finally, finally I got to hear this. It ended up being my computer. Some cookies were interfering with soundcloud's operation. (Still busy re-entering all my passwords after the cookie delete process...sigh.)

Truly unique sound here Chris. This could be such a great instrument to use in certain scores ie: caves, undersea sagas , outerspace spots like Neptune, anything that requires a "cold" "icy" timbre.

To me it sounds like a combination/hybrid of a really large glass harmonica (as Randy indicated) and low notes of a vibraphone.

Thanks for sharing this new timbre with us!!!

Cass

I like this. It shows imagination and creativity. The ebb and flow of tension, thickness of texture, density of chords, and changes of register work well together. It makes a complete and satisfying artistic impression on me. Sometimes the attack characteristics of the synth organ remind me a little of viols. Thanks for posting it.

Norman

Quote Originally Posted by Mabry View Post
    Y1

This utilizes:

1) An organ-like instrument that I designed in a synthesizer made by a non-Garritan company. This is the most prominent instrument.

2) GPO 4, patch SAM Trombone Section KS. This plays the same notes as the above but at a reduced level of volume.

I like the tone of my organ-like instrument but I wanted to bring more warmth to the overall sound, hence the addition of the sampled trombones.

Hello Mabry!

This is a wonderfully spooky tune you have here. It brings back memories of the Halloween composition contest back in the day This would have found itself right at home in that competition! I enjoyed the listen!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

What a neat sound! For me, it gives me an impression of playing solitaire Mah Jongg at midnight, while in a slight sleepy daze. I also got a hint of 16th century trumpet consort. OK, I think I have just proved how strangely my brain works. Anyway, your work sure paints a picture!

Thanks for sharing.
    Owen
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Go Back to forum