• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Batch processing samples

Batch processing samples

Maybe you sample developers will know this: Is there a program that can batch process stereo split samples into interleaved?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Batch processing samples

I believe AWAVE can do this

SoundForge Batch processor does it and so does Wavelab.

I thought wavelab only did stereo split to mono

BTW I havent forgot Michiel... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks guys. I\'m wondering though how you would even do this in such programs? How do you tell the program which files are the left and which are the right? Do you have to select them all individually ro what?

I managed to find the demo of Sound Forge (not easy as sonicfoundry.com seems to be dead) and checking the menus there doesn\'t even seem to be a batch processor present - and the word \'batch\' is nowhere to be seen in the index...

hi, the sf batch processor is a seperate program.
    You have to download that too. When opened you can select to use plug-ins (DX and VST and SF) to operate on the file list.

normally split stereo files get the extesion -l and -r for the left and right chanels. The program will detect that as a stereo couple, you can then save the result as an interleaved stereo file.

Thanks guys. I don\'t suppose there is a program on the Mac that can do this as well? Can Peak do this? I know it has a batch processor but whether it can do this or not I don\'t know.

Peak is even better for this as the interleaved versus split stereo file issue is more often found with AIFF and SDII (Mac) sound file formats. PEAK has the batch-file processor built-in and it works very good.

Ouch. It looks like its not gonna work anyway \'cos the files are not named properly. They have \'L\' and \'R\' in them but not at the end. At the end it has the affix .aif. It seems Peak will only recognise them if they have .L or .R on the end.

Looks like its got to be done manually [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] unless someone knows of a way to batch process the filenames.... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum