• Register
  • Help

Topic: Driver missing? Help!

Share/Bookmark

Driver missing? Help!

Hi,

first of all, please forgive my bad english. I hope to be understandable. I am experiencing problems and crashes with Gigastudio 160, probably due to a missing driver. I successfully used the software for some weeks; then somedays ago I uninstalled a CD-Writer application and made a bad mistake: I answered \"Yes\" to the question \"Remove shared file?\"... Ouch!
    Now everytime I start Gigastudio I receive an S-converter error message \"No ASPI for Win32 support detected\". At first, the program wouldn\'t even run, then deleted (what a weird move!) the Aconv.dll and Sconv.dll libraries from the \"components\" directory of GS. Now it runs, but I still have the error message appearing every time I start it and everytime I use my CDROM while GS is running. Obviously, I can\'t convert Akai format: I deleted the converter!
    (I will reinstall it when I\'ll solve the problem).

The Gigastudio help file says that the S-Converter works with standard CD-ROM drivers that are now shipping with all PCs.

The problem is that (I suppose) I have removed these drivers uninstalling that application.

Final question: does anybody know what is the missing file and where can I find it? I have an ASUS CDROM, but reinstalling my drivers or downloading the latest from ASUS website has been unuseful. What is this file (a .dll in the windows/system directory I think)?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion. Help will be greatly appreciated! :-)

Luca

Re: Driver missing? Help!

Try reinstalling your cd writer software.

Re: Driver missing? Help!

Problem solved! Thanks for the tip Rivethead. In fact you gave me the right idea: when I had to reinstall my CD Writer software, I found some documentation about ASPI drivers and discovered it was an Adaptec library that could be downloaded from the net. Now Gigastudio is running smoothly!

Luca Antonini

Go Back to forum