• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Trombone samples

Trombone samples

For those interested in brass samples, I\'ve produced a couple of mp3s featuring a sampled trombone played polyphonically from my keyboard. The second piece uses the same samples as the first but has a \'church\' type reverb added. If you like the sound, let me know and I\'ll give more details.

I\'ve also produced an mp3 with a fun \'jazzy\' piece featuring synth percussion, trumpet, sax and clarinet sounds. Again, let me know if you like the the sounds, and I\'ll give more details.

Re: Trombone samples

The trombones with reverb sound very nice. The work is good also.
    ARe these your own trombone samples?

Hi esperlad,

Thanks for your comments. The demos were composed very quickly just to try out the samples. The samples aren\'t my own, but I have processed them to make them sound better (to my ears at least).

Did you listen to the fun piece also?

Best regards

Sounds nice! Where does the samples come from?

...oh yeah, funpiece1: [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Yeah we like the sounds, now what the hell is this thing? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I like funpiece 1, the Jazzy brass sounds are great.

Hi, just listened to your MP3s. Your jazzy mp3 sure sounds like either Korg\'s Oasys or Yamaha\'s VL series. I\'ve done the same type of thing with a breath controller and my Korg Oasys and Yamaha VL70m. If I was a gambling man, this would be my bet. Physical models give you so much more expression than do samples, but for ensemble work, I must admit that samples sound more realistic. Personally using both together gives a better impression of real players and instruments playing the piece of music. PS, the Korg Oasys is highly underated and is one of not only mine, but other\'s secret weapon.

I was intrigued to find out how some of the anechoic samples provided on the Iowa site (theremin.music.uiowa.edu/MIS.html) would respond to different reverbs. Both trombone pieces used just a subset of the bass trombone samples obtained from the Iowa site.

See the thread: \"It\'s not the VSL, but it\'s free!\"

p.s. All the sounds in the \'jazzy\' fun piece were from a Yamaha VL synth.

Originally posted by nicholash:

p.s. All the sounds in the \'jazzy\' fun piece were from a Yamaha VL synth.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Wow....and which yamaha synth would that be? Is it easy to do this physical modelling stuff or does it require a lot of editing and such?

Hi Hasen,

The synth is a Yamaha VL1-m. The whole piece took about an hour to compose and record. It is pretty easy to play the synth and get very expressive results. All the sounds in the piece were played live with no additional editing at all.

Best regards

Go Back to forum