• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Rain Piano Teaser....

Share/Bookmark

Rain Piano Teaser....

Beta 0.32, getting closer.... Check this out:
    Rain Piano Beta 0.32 Demo 1

Note: A small room has been added to this demo.

Re: Rain Piano Teaser....

Wow Worra!

You didn\'t play this live, did you? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hansi

DAMN that sounds awesome!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Great work Worra!!!

JPS

There´s not much I know about pianos, but I like the sound of this a lot. It´s natural and realistic. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Altbra .... Worra,

As cool as that was,I would really purchase this piano for 60/70\'s comping (a la Beatles, thru to Fiona Apple/ Jon Brion etc), a jazz setting or perhaps for even a children\'s CD I am about to begin producing to kep a sing-along type atmosphere.

Could I hear some comping in various styles?

Interested,
    Didier

Thanks all!!! (no, I\'m not playing it myself, I\'m just a simple string-bender, in fact, here\'s what I do on my spare time: Bricks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Didier: What kind of styles did you have in mind? If you have any suggestions on midi\'s that you want to hear played with the Rain Piano, please mail it to me at per@biggagiggas.com, and I\'ll make a mp3 using it.

Hi Worra, what a wonderful job done!
    For a piano that has been left in the rain it sounds amazing. The idea is wonderful and the sound is very convincing! Well done.

Originally posted by Michiel Post:
    Hi Worra, what a wonderful job done!
    For a piano that has been left in the rain it sounds amazing. The idea is wonderful and the sound is very convincing! Well done.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well, it\'s actually not been in the rain.... it\'s just what I told Jussi, the pianotuner, that I wanted the piano to sound like. He did a hell of a job finding the tuning that gives it this distinct sound at the same time that it isn\'t out of tune in a musical sense, it still works great in a context.

Hey Worra,
    I would absolutely love to hear two styles of playing with this piano. First, some swingin Jazz in the vein of Vince Guaraldi (of peanuts fame) or Ramsey Lewis. And Second, some lovely Beatles piano melody (plethora of em...any will do) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

OR even just more of ANYTHING...love the sound, keep the demos coming!!!

JPS

Hey Worra, were you influenced in your choice of music by the scene in the movie Shine, where \"Flight of the Bumblebee\" is performed on an old beat up upright? (which later becomes a grand as the impromptu performances become more regular)

Duncan

Go Back to forum