• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: OT: Comparison between Convolution Verbs

Share/Bookmark

OT: Comparison between Convolution Verbs

How does Emagic Space Designer compare to Audio Ease Altiverb? Both use impulse responses - would I be ill-advised to go with Space Designer?

Re: OT: Comparison between Convolution Verbs

Originally posted by Frederick:
    How does Emagic Space Designer compare to Audio Ease Altiverb? Both use impulse responses - would I be ill-advised to go with Space Designer?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Depends. Altiverb comes with a great collection of impulses from famous concert halls and studio spaces, whereas Space Designer has a better collection of impulses of famous hardware verbs. Of course, you can use any impulse you want and SD is much more tweakable and performs better CPU wise I\'ve found. Check the demos out for each and see for yourself!

Sorry Frederick, for using your thread, but I would like to post a similar question (rather than opening a new thread):
    I\'m looking for a verb, too, and I am hesitating between a Sonar 3 update, to get Lexicon verb (and the other plug-ins) and getting Gigapuls. I can hardly spend more than $$300. What would you choose at my place and why?
    Thanks a lot!
    Markus.

Originally posted by Markus S:
    Sorry Frederick, for using your thread, but I would like to post a similar question (rather than opening a new thread):
    I\'m looking for a verb, too, and I am hesitating between a Sonar 3 update, to get Lexicon verb (and the other plug-ins) and getting Gigapuls. I can hardly spend more than $$300. What would you choose at my place and why?
    Thanks a lot!
    Markus.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yikes, SONAR3 has so much more going for it than just the Lexicon verb...as a matter fact as good as that verb is, it\'s somewhat overshadowed by the dramatic improvements in Sonar. Additionally you can start experiementing with convultion verbs for free by trying a product called \"SIR\" which works with SONAR.

Hi,

please note, Space Designer has a slightly different approach to Altiverb. They booth use IP\'s but Emagic Space Desinger synthesize the sound, where Altiverb \"just\" sample the room, ...

ergo-you have more options in Emagic\'s program to work with the room!

cheers, imusic

Interesting Imusic! And thank you all so much for your replies.

CPU usage is a concern because the same computer to run the convolution verb is also running a large samples library. Space Designer is a little less expensive than Altiverb but I didn\'t want to scrimp (sp?) here just to save a few dollars.

Is there another reverb that is in the same ballpark pricewise that I haven\'t considered? While we\'re at that, any information on VSL\'s MIR project (like when its supposed to be available?)

I\'ve just purhased Altiverb, and heard from a friend that it is only possible to run one instance of Altiverb at a time?? Is this true?

C

Originally posted by scores4film:
    I\'ve just purhased Altiverb, and heard from a friend that it is only possible to run one instance of Altiverb at a time?? Is this true?

C
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">What does it say in the users manual?

Hmmm - I\'ve heard some with 2 instances. So Altiverb is that processor intensive?

I have run up to 6 instances on a dual 2ghz G5.

I simply havent tried to run anymore.

And that was at 24/96k

Go Back to forum