• Register
  • Help

Topic: "The Jig Is Up"

Share/Bookmark

"The Jig Is Up"

Y'all,

This is my little Irish-flavored work called "The Jig Is Up".

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/TheJigIsUp.mp3

Regards to everyone.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "The Jig Is Up"

eeeeeee-YOOOOP! I can hear it now! What a fun piece. Thank you for brightening our day.

Best wishes
    Owen (the "old chap")
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Quote Originally Posted by englishgent View Post
    eeeeeee-YOOOOP! I can hear it now! What a fun piece. Thank you for brightening our day.

Best wishes
    Owen (the "old chap")

Olde Chappe,

It's good to hear from you, American tea-sipper!

Are you fully Americanized (Americanised) now? If so, congratulations and welcome!

Thanks for your comments concerning "The Jig...".

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Glad to see you still here, Larry, despite all the horrors the Forum's been through recently. Your jig romp is a hoot, as I was expecting.

Randy
    I'm still here. Glad to see you are too, Mister Random. Let's hope that things stay the same as they are... forum-wise.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry,

When I first saw your posting I gasped! The Jig is UP", does that mean the forum is finally going bye-bye or that you have given up and this is your last posting.

I sighed with relief to find it was only another one of your clever titles and not a statement of departure.

This is a wonderful, uplifting piece of music, that which you do so well. I was wondering what the percussion/drum you are using in the accompaniment with the bass? It is subtle but it works really well in the accompaniment.

So glad you are up and running and have ventured back into the "troubled" forum.

My Best,

Cass

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    Larry,

When I first saw your posting I gasped! The Jig is UP", does that mean the forum is finally going bye-bye or that you have given up and this is your last posting.

I sighed with relief to find it was only another one of your clever titles and not a statement of departure.

This is a wonderful, uplifting piece of music, that which you do so well. I was wondering what the percussion/drum you are using in the accompaniment with the bass? It is subtle but it works really well in the accompaniment.

So glad you are up and running and have ventured back into the "troubled" forum.

My Best,

Cass
    Mistopher Cass,

If memory serves me correctly, the percussion is simply brushes on a snare. I will check. There are a couple of guitars playing 6/8-type rhythm. The bass is a standard non-electric "stand-up" instrument. A pennywhistle shares melody duties with the fiddle.

Thanks, my friend, for your kind remarks as always. Let me know how your health is.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hello Larry! I was just about to take a break from the forum when I remembered I forgot to listen to your post, which I noticed earlier this week! That was a close call!

The superlatives are not coming to me very easily right now, but suffice to say that this is wonderful! I would claim it is impossible to listen to this without becoming at least a little happier inside (note the smiley - it indicates my increased happiness levels)

The rendering on this is great, too, it is just missing the rowdy pub-crowd ambient noise in the background (or foreground, depending on how much to drink they have had!)

I had a great time listening to this, thanks Larry!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    Hello Larry! I was just about to take a break from the forum when I remembered I forgot to listen to your post, which I noticed earlier this week! That was a close call!

The superlatives are not coming to me very easily right now, but suffice to say that this is wonderful! I would claim it is impossible to listen to this without becoming at least a little happier inside (note the smiley - it indicates my increased happiness levels)

The rendering on this is great, too, it is just missing the rowdy pub-crowd ambient noise in the background (or foreground, depending on how much to drink they have had!)

I had a great time listening to this, thanks Larry!
    Au contraire, Mister Mike. Thank you.

This one was fun to write.

Take care, Indiana Dude.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum