• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Why No Polls In This Forum?

Share/Bookmark

Why No Polls In This Forum?

Wouldn\'t it be great to poll the users from this forum? Who runs what, who purchased this, etc,etc. Why no polls????

Re: Why No Polls In This Forum?

Originally posted by keytar:
    Wouldn\'t it be great to poll the users from this forum? Who runs what, who purchased this, etc,etc. Why no polls????
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I don\'t know if I can stomach seeing flawed statistics created by fanatics of one sample library or another.

hmm maybe if the results are private. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

\"I don\'t know if I can stomach seeing flawed statistics created by fanatics of one sample library or another.\"

True, but if you could have a fairly accurate polling system if you:

Limit repeat voters based on IP filtering.

Limit the poll to only users who have posted 50 or more messages, making them active members.

It could happen.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I think it would be interesting - and we could use polls for stupid issues like Dongles - instead of creating 400+ post threads!!

J-

I like polls in other forums. In most forums you can only vote once becasue you have to be logged in to vote. Therefore you cant vote for a poll you already voted in.

Great Idea!

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by J. Whaley:
    I think it would be interesting - and we could use polls for stupid issues like Dongles - instead of creating 400+ post threads!!

J-
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I think the fact that anything leads to a 400+ thread means that the discussion holds merit.

Also, I guarantee you if the moderators enabled polls in the Sample Libraries Discussion area, you\'d see this forum being abused as a market research tool more than it already is.

I think the moderators are quite astute to have left polling turned off.

Well, we could vote guys, or gals, off the island! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Carl

Originally posted by carlmsmith:
    Well, we could vote guys, or gals, off the island! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Carl
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">LOL!!.

I\'d bet we\'d see a ten-fold increase in fake identities appearing here . We wouldn\'t know of course!.

Polls always make me think of those idiotic questions in twat-wit magazines:

Which sample library gives you the horn?

Maybe we should have a poll on whether to have polls? That or a 400+ page disscusion on the merits of such [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Ben H

Go Back to forum