• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT verb, reverb, rereverb advice....

Share/Bookmark

OT verb, reverb, rereverb advice....

Hi!
    I would like to get a new reverb. I am actually using Studioverb from Sonbar xl and thought of updating to Sonar 3.0 to get this Lexicon, which seems to be quite nice (with the other features of Sonar 3.0 of course). I was also considerating Gigapuls. I cannot afford one of the high end verbs (altiverb), so could you advice me on what to get? Maybe there are other options I did not think of? Cpu consumation is an important matter for me.
    Thanks in advance,
    Markus.

Re: OT verb, reverb, rereverb advice....

Originally posted by Markus S:
    Hi!
    I would like to get a new reverb. I am actually using Studioverb from Sonbar xl and thought of updating to Sonar 3.0 to get this Lexicon, which seems to be quite nice (with the other features of Sonar 3.0 of course). I was also considerating Gigapuls. I cannot afford one of the high end verbs (altiverb), so could you advice me on what to get? Maybe there are other options I did not think of? Cpu consumation is an important matter for me.
    Thanks in advance,
    Markus.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I don\'t use Sonar, but if I did, I would upgrade if for no other reason than to get the Lexicon. It is one of the sweetest software verb\'s I\'ve ever heard. Gigapulse looks good on paper, but I haven\'t heard it.

Hi Sporter,
    thanks for your advice. Yes, I think I\'d go with the sonar update, seems to be a good option. Are there any opinions or experiences with Gigapuls? I\'d love to hear about it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Markus.

GigaPulse is not out yet. It\'s waiting to be launched hopefully after the next Namm.

------------
    Alex Cremers

I think that the Renaissance Verb from Waves is a very nice,under-rated reverb and inexpensive. Some venders sell the package that also contains Renaissance EQ and Renaissance Compressor as well. Overall, a lot of bang for the buck and easy (musician friendly) to use.

Reasonable CPU load also.

Originally posted by Alexcremers:
    GigaPulse is not out yet. It\'s waiting to be launched hopefully after the next Namm.

------------
    Alex Cremers
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Alex,
    thanks for the info! That\'s why I can\'t find any info on this here! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I didn\'t knew it\'s not out yet. So, I\'ll wait and see! Gigapuls looks good indeed, but I\'m afraid it\'ll be too cpu consuming...

Hi Runyon,
    thanks for your input, I read about the renaissance verb here, but I couldn\'t find a dealer. Could you post a link to where I could order or try it?
    Markus.

Hi Markus

I can second the Rennaisance verb, it can yield good results. I still use it along with things like acoustic mirror and outboard such as the lexicon PCM91, but thought I might draw your attention to a great little software verb called ReverbIt. Its been used in virtually everything I\'ve done at some point or another for the past year or two and has a great control facility that lets you adjust the quality of the reverb to free up processing power if needed. It sounds great and works well either as a temporary verb for basic composition or as an insert for percussion tracks and the like. And it costs very very little for the quality of results achieved.

Worth considering either as a main unit or as an extra plug-in if cash is tight.

Hi Jon,
    thanks for the input! I\'ll check the Reverb.It demo and the Renaissance Waves demo. So I\'ll whoose between: Cakewalk update (Lexicon, I\'ll check the demo version, too) / Waves Renaissance verb / Gigapuls (let\'s wait a little) / Reverb it...
    Thanks to all for your help!

Go Back to forum