• Register
  • Help

Topic: Shameless Plug - QLRI on MSNBC

Share/Bookmark

Shameless Plug - QLRI on MSNBC

Hi Gang,

I’d like to invite you to view a documentary that I scored: Islam in America – Faith Under Fire. It will air on MSNBC this Sunday night, Nov. 10th at 10pm. I think it\'s airing next sunday as well.

I used QLRI extensively (though I would\'ve loved to hire a real duduk player, but I didn\'t have time), so hopefully there\'s some relevance to the forum.

Hope you don\'t mind the plug, but I think it\'s rather topical considering the current political climate.

peace

John

Re: Shameless Plug - QLRI on MSNBC

10 what? Eastern, Central?

I checked www.tvguide.com -- it\'s 9pm central, 10pm eastern

\"I checked www.tvguide.com -- it\'s 9pm central, 10pm eastern.\"

thanks–yes, please check your local listing for the time in your area. I know it\'s 10pm PST.

jd

10pm PST? is that possible? PST is usually 2-3 hours earlier than central, and it\'s on at 9pm here in Chicago.

Nice work! I caught the first ten mins or so of this.

You realise that none of us here Down Under will ever get the chance to see it??? [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

meeehoon

Hi John...I was watching my Dolphins (unfortunately) and I kept switching over but all I caught was a bumper where a muted trumpet was playing some jazzy bits...was that something on QLB?

\"Nice work! I caught the first ten mins or so of this.\"

thanks!

\"Hi John...I was watching my Dolphins (unfortunately) and I kept switching over but all I caught was a bumper where a muted trumpet was playing some jazzy bits...was that something on QLB? \"

nope-it was <*gasp*> a real trumpet player. he breathed a lot of life into the score. hopefully, that would have been more obvious if you\'d had a chance to hear more. thanks for checking it out though.

Originally, they had it slated to air next sunday as well, but if the current TV listings are accurate, they changed that. oh well, hopefully it\'ll be on again. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

peace

john

Originally posted by John DeBorde:
    \"Nice work! I caught the first ten mins or so of this.\"

thanks!

\"Hi John...I was watching my Dolphins (unfortunately) and I kept switching over but all I caught was a bumper where a muted trumpet was playing some jazzy bits...was that something on QLB? \"

nope-it was <*gasp*> a real trumpet player. he breathed a lot of life into the score. hopefully, that would have been more obvious if you\'d had a chance to hear more. thanks for checking it out though.

peace

john
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yeah, John, I thought that was too good to be true. Ah, real players. I remember them

In all seriousness though, it\'s always impressive just how much a sampled score is elevated by even one real player....it just brings a credibility factor that really enhances the whole work.

Go Back to forum