• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Woodwind Runs

Woodwind Runs

I was browsing the EW-QL threads and came across a posting by David Das who had two soundclips...one was a real orchestra and the other was a QLSO mockup.

I was wondering if anyone would let me know what sample library would best replicate te woodwind runs in the second example (real orch).

Re: Woodwind Runs

VSL, naturally. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

VSL, naturally. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

For fast woodwind runs VSL comes first to my mind as well (not that I own it). But which product? Is Opus 1 enough? What about the woodwind set? First Edition? Performance Set? The full boat?

Not that I\'m buying anytime soon. Xmas ate my wallet.

VSL [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks everyone for the responses.

Well, I see that it\'s universal---VSL! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I also must ask which product...should I get the woodwind&brass section, or do I need the performace set too (or instead)?

Again, thanks for the help. It is reassuring that the consensus was unanimous.

oops...I almost forgot to ask....

Would it be possible for any users to put together a short mp3 sample of some scales / runs for me? Just so I can hear them isolated from a full score--

ya know, QLSO is great, but in those two demos, I hadn\'t even heard the 2nd yet, and could already tell the first was the sampled one, within 10 seconds. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Pianoguy, I know this is not quite what you asked for, since this is flute runs in context, but it\'s all I have. The truth is that you can make really nice runs using VSL\'s legato/grace versions of the flutes, sometimes layered with the standard staccato ones. That\'s what I am doing at least. It is not 100% real, but it\'s better than anything else.

There are 3 short clips in this MP3:

Thanks Simon,

Great semo for this...I\'m just curious what you used for the strings and brass. Even though it was just a short excerpt, the brass sounded real imo [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

THanks everyone for the input.

Go Back to forum