• Register
  • Help

Topic: Strange peeping sound everywhere!

Strange peeping sound everywhere!

I hope i\'m not simply loosing my mind. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I have a rather strane problem. Every now and then i get this strange peeping sound, almost like a sine wave that disrupts my audio. It can for example come when i\'m recording midi tracks with gigastudio or when i\'m simply playing audio in windows. It always stops the \"audio engine\" in sonar and displays the \"dropout\" error message in red. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I have had this problem with two different soundcards and two different operating systems so i really don\'t know where it is coming from.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Re: Strange peeping sound everywhere!

Are you using any shareware or demo plugs/apps/sounds? Sometimes these will add a sound like that when the demo period is up.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I am not using anything like that. If i knew what part of my computer that is creating the noise, i could replace it, but it is not my soundcard since I have tried two different cards.

OK, Hmm, stops the audio engine with a dropput message - could it be your hard disk, bearings or head crash? YOu might do a full surface scan on the audio storage disk, and listen for the sound during the test.

If not that, not a clue...
    Good luck.

Go Back to forum