• Register
  • Help

Topic: Only a working Title - suggestions?

Share/Bookmark

Only a working Title - suggestions?

After a couple of weeks of things going wrong, I composed this hoping to clear the stress

https://soundcloud.com/peter-magic-f...soul-of-angels - I just hope that GPO is working now for me

Re: Only a working Title - suggestions?

The character and theme is very nice. The kind of stuff I like to listen to. Great work here. I can easily sense the emotion behind the piece. I hope it helped clear the stress of for you. Beautiful piece, and looking forward to hearing more work from you.

Regards,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Moore View Post
    After a couple of weeks of things going wrong, I composed this hoping to clear the stress...I just hope that GPO is working now for me
    Glad to see you're able to post again, Peter - But what are you referring to when you say GPO isn't working for you--? In what way? I take it you mean that the stress you've been through is because of GPO problems?

Meanwhile, it's a very lovely, definitely stress free, nicely floating piece you've posted - I enjoyed it very much. As for a title - hmmm, I don't really have a suggestion for a new one, but do think that a less specific image would be good. It's a personal preference, but I feel that "soul" and "angels" are both words to be avoided in titles - I just find them too - too precious perhaps.

Nice music - Let us know what your GPO problems are.

--footnote - I thought for a moment the Soundcloud file had a problem, but that was only because there's 6 seconds of silence before the piece starts. Whatever software you're using for producing, you're leaving in silence that needs to be trimmed - That's a rather common issue especially for people who aren't doing the final touches on their Master files in an audio editing program like Audacity.

Randy

I meant to say that I hope being able to post is working for me properly now, not GPO. I managed to reply to my other post, but somehow the message disappeared.

Anyhow, thanks for your kinds words and suggestions and I'll get round to fixing that silence sometime soon.

Regards

Peter

This is a lovely piece Peter! I love the melody and the piano phrasing is perfect.

I did notice that the graphic audio wave on soundcloud is pretty much a solid bar, which means (unless your writing a modern pop song with heavy compression and loud sustained volume which is in vogue now) that you don't have enough dynamic variants in the track. But maybe this is what you want, so just ignore me. But if not, the strings would be the culprit here. They seem to be of fix intensity throughout. The piano solo in the middle was a nice break. To try some things, leave off the upper strings at some points and only have the lower "cello, bass" playing. Don't be afraid to let the strings take the lead, to have the melody and have the piano playing chords or arpeggios with them. Vary the rhythm slightly in the strings. I noticed , especially at the beginning of the piece, that the strings follow exactly what the piano is doing.

Just some subjective suggestions which you needed do any of them and you still have a great track. But if you have time, try it and see what you think.

And I'm glad you are up and running without any hitches now. I almost gave up myself out of exasperation, but it seems to have gotten back on track here.

This piece helped to reduce my stress. ( I just had eye surgery. ). Thanks for the piece,... it's what I needed.

Cass

Thank you all for your comments. I have tried to incorporate your suggestions, but I find that the more simplistic the piece, the more difficult and time consuming it is to improve upon.

https://soundcloud.com/peter-magic-f...soul-of-angels

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Moore View Post
    After a couple of weeks of things going wrong, I composed this hoping to clear the stress

https://soundcloud.com/peter-magic-f...soul-of-angels - I just hope that GPO is working now for me
    I visited the site, clicked on the graph - but the music will not play.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    I visited the site, clicked on the graph - but the music will not play.
    Tom, in the upper left corner there's a button click for play.

Randy

Go Back to forum