• Register
  • Help

Topic: Audition the solo strings?

Share/Bookmark

Audition the solo strings?

Hi. I'm using GIO and was planning to also buy GPO, mainly for the solo strings (violin, viola, cello). I was hoping to hear them first though and was wondering if there was anyplace online where I could hear what they sound like. Thanks.

Re: Audition the solo strings?

Last year I put together a post to demonstrate GPO's solo instruments. Here's an image of ARIA showing the instruments demonstrated:

And here's the MP3 demonstrating those instruments first in solo, then as an ensemble. There are several solo violins in GPO, and also several Cellos - I demonstrated just one of each since they're all similar. There's just the one solo Viola and solo Bass.

The string demos start at 0:57 into the MP3. First you hear a solo Violin, then the Viola, then a solo Cello, followed by the solo Bass.

GPO Solo Instruments Demo

Randy

Thanks Randy, that's exactly what I was looking for. Do you know if the samples are 24 bit or 16 bit?

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Last year I put together a post to demonstrate GPO's solo instruments. Here's an image of ARIA showing the instruments demonstrated:

And here's the MP3 demonstrating those instruments first in solo, then as an ensemble. There are several solo violins in GPO, and also several Cellos - I demonstrated just one of each since they're all similar. There's just the one solo Viola and solo Bass.

The string demos start at 0:57 into the MP3. First you hear a solo Violin, then the Viola, then a solo Cello, followed by the solo Bass.

GPO Solo Instruments Demo

Randy

This is a link to DPDAN's Meditation from Thais. I think it is GPO solo violin. In any case it's beautiful MIDI solo string work. I first heard it posted by Dan in the Listening room on this forum.

Norman

http://www.dankury.com/music/Meditat...r.Dan_Kury.mp3

Thanks Norman. It is well done. It must be hard to do that with a keyboard, or mouse...

Quote Originally Posted by jandjnelson View Post
    This is a link to DPDAN's Meditation from Thais. I think it is GPO solo violin. In any case it's beautiful MIDI solo string work. I first heard it posted by Dan in the Listening room on this forum.

Norman

The samples are 16 bit, dongios.

Norman, I can't be positive, but the violin in what you posted sounds like the discontinued Garritan Stradivari Library, which was a very sophisticated and expressive software instrument equal to the cost of the entire GPO Library. Maybe Dan will see this thread and tell us.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by jandjnelson View Post

Norman

Actually I believe that is the Garritan Stradivarius.
    Robert Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Cantabile View Post
    Actually I believe that is the Garritan Stradivarius.
    Yes, thanks for seconding the opinion I posted in message #6. The Garritan Stradivari (as it was labeled) was capable of the nuanced performance heard in that recording, while the solo violins in GPO are much less flexible.

Good to see you here, Robert!

Randy

Go Back to forum