• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gentle Embrace - work for piano, strings, woodwind and horns

Share/Bookmark

Gentle Embrace - work for piano, strings, woodwind and horns

I am so excited that I finally got this finished! Some time ago I decided it would be nice to write something warm, so plumped for Db to Fm chord progression (thanks for the inspiration Debussy and Enya!). This melody formed around it, which I am super pleased with. Hope you enjoy it too.

Listen here: https://www.box.com/s/6mc04xfo8xgij9j68mpf

Instruments used:

Piano
    : GAS, under-lid perspective
    Strings: V1, V2, Vla, Vlc and Cb are the Espressivo patches from Dimension Pro
    Woodwind: English Horn 2 Solo, Bb Clarinet Solo, Flute Solo Vib - all GPO
    Cymbals: From Sonatina Symphony Orchestra
    Horns: SAM French Horn Section (GPO)

Best wishes to all
    Owen

__________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Re: Gentle Embrace - work for piano, strings, woodwind and horns

What a beautiful piece, Owen. My partner Karen and I were sitting in our recliners this morning, drinking our coffee and looking out the window at our wetlands while listening to this piece. It fit perfectly with how we were feeling at the time. The rendition was lovely and I loved all the solos, especially the English Horn.

Well done, my friend. Well done!

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

So delicate, so moving, so sentient... as I watched my tears hitting my palm and like them, having nowhere to run but inward. Struck a strong chord with me Owen allowing me to reflect on my past.

Strikingly poetic, you should be well pleased with this. And by the way, Enya could have never developed this the way you did and I also agree that you couldn't have chosen a better instrument (English Horn) to speak your musical thoughts.

Beauty at its best!! Thanks so much Owen for posting this.

Cass

Just first rate. Lush and moving. You should be pleased ( I know I was).

That's not bad for an Englisher.

I'm kidding, of course, old chap. It's a lovely tune and I like it. You did a masterful orchestration job and I am proud of you.

Thanks for sharing it with us. I am saving it for future plays.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Very beautiful work -lovely and uncluttered (despite the full/lush sound). The rendering is also very, very well done: you really make these instruments shine, and in a warmly suffused manner.

Really glad to have caught this.

Thank you for sharing it!

All the best,
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Gary: Glad you both enjoyed it! Aren't the English Horns in GPO great? I love to use them - they're so expressive.

Cass: My goodness, old chap! I didn't mean to make you cry! Isn't it great, though, how one person's music can strike a chord in another, often for a completely different reason. Thanks for your descriptive comments.

jdsnyderii: Glad you enjoyed it. Yes, I was very pleased with it, and glad you were too!

Larry: Aww, your comments mean a lot coming from you. Glad you're going to keep it as well!

rpearl: I appreciate the feedback, and glad that it didn't sound uncluttered to you. I often struggle to get the balance right.

And now it's my turn to be swept away with this beautifully written and impeccably recorded piece, Owen. I've allowed myself time to hear only one thing this morning, and now that my Halloween has started so gently - I feel much more prepared for the goblins that will be floating about tonight.

Tip of the rbowser hat to you, Owen.

Randy

Thanks, Randy! Appreciate the hat tip.

Unhappy Re: Gentle Embrace - work for piano, strings, woodwind and horns

wow, such a great sound you got from your instruments!

It's a pity the GAS has been discontinued... like solo strings, it seems to be the destiny of all the best Garritan products and the announced replacement never arrived.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast