• Register
  • Help

Topic: HELP!! Radium61

HELP!! Radium61

Help!! Radium61

Okay, before I put this unit out on the curb I thought I’d try to see if anyone here has this problem.

I went to launch Giga and I kept getting a “cannot communicate – please reinstall” error.

So, after about 600 restarts, I uninstalled Giga and installed it clean. Same error.

Okay, so I trashed XP and started COMPLETELY over (Why????) and got back to installing Giga – same error!!!

Found out that all along it was the Radium61. For some strange reason (tried on 4 PC’s) when I plug the unit in via USB, I am not getting the “new hardware found” pop up.

I even tried to install the driver’s manually. Nothing.

I have power and lights. I have midi activity if I hook it up via midi to my Tascam us-428 but I cannot get any PC to say, “New hardware found”

I have a usb mouse. I unplugged it and plugged it back in… “New Hardware found”
    But not on the Radium61.

Re: HELP!! Radium61

I have the Oxygen 8 (the Radium\'s little brother). I dont remember if the manual says this or not, but I recently updated the driver (new driver on m-audio site) and the readme says that you MUST install the drivers before pluggin in the first time. So you may want to try that.

I got some weird driver issues with the Oxygen 8 before I upgraded the driver last week - unplugging and replugging in the cable would cause it to re-detect and try to reinstall the drivers. I dont know if this was fixed with the latest update, but I havent seen it yet.

Yeah, I tried that [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] no luck. I\'m on hold with MAudio tech support righr now. I let ya know what they say... if the ever pick up!!!!

It\'s a repair issue they said.

Ok? 3 weeks without a midi controller.\\

Same Problem. I just got an RA# on my controller as well. I had been fairly impressed with it for the money. Now I am a little dissappointed. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] I got rid of my fatar/studiologic 880. wish i had kept it.

Yeah and the real prob for me is - I am beta testing DIVA Extended. There is no way I can go 3-4 weeks with out keys. So, I just set up the Radium to work as a MIDI control and have it talking to my older egosys midi device.

Everything is fine but no usb. I guess it\'s easier to buy a new controller and ebay this one when it\'s fixed.

I would love to find an 88 key synth action controller, btw.

My midi outs also quit working [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Seems like my problem is more severe in that aspect. Fortunately, m-audio claims it will stay there no longer than a week...plus shipping time......

argh [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum