• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Inviting you, my friends to my Haendel WaterMusic "performance"...

Share/Bookmark

Red face Inviting you, my friends to my Haendel WaterMusic "performance"...

Dear forum fellows,
    There's no Garritan sound in it, but I would appreciate if you may listen and comment to my last rendition:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...256#post732256

All instruments play in Baroque pitch and temperament. By the way, one of the features I love most of Aria is the "scale" file management: it makes so easy and effective managing special tuning for ancient and baroque Music.
    I use it often with GPO harpsichord, or Garritan Classic Organs. (but it's excellent for World Instruments as well!!)

In the rendering instead, using sophisticated Instruments like VSL VI Pro or SampleModeling SWAM engine I had to accept presets or manually manipulating microtuning to get the right temperament.

Thanks for your attention, best regards
    Fabio

Re: Inviting you, my friends to my Haendel WaterMusic "performance"...

It's really great to see you posting music for us to hear, Fabio - And your Water Music sounds absolutely wonderful. Airy and nuanced, beautifully rendered in every way. I would take away the quotes from "performance"-- This Is a performance, in a sophisticated MIDI-musician way that should be inspiring for everyone who hears it. I can easily imagine your experience of working on this was an extremely rewarding one.

I'm not sure if you know that in the middle of last year, we decided as a group that we would breathe new life into The Listening Room by allowing music produced with sound sources other than Garritan. It was an excellent decision, because activity on the Forum increased substantially as a result. We can't enforce any "rules" as such, but we simply asked that when instruments from other Libraries are used, that they be listed so there's no confusion when people listen.

I've noticed that some Forum members are still not comfortable with the idea of posting music that doesn't use Garritan, and so they've either refrained from posting anything, or post as you've done in General Discussion. Everyone needs to participate in whatever way they're comfortable with, but I'm taking this opportunity to say that loyalty to Garritan is very admirable, and at the same time, I think it helps keep the Forum alive if more people can feel more free to go ahead and share whatever music projects they have. The spirit of community is kept up more continuously that way.

Thank you so much for posting this - I admire your work very much.

Randy

Hi Fabio.
    This is one of the coolest performances of the piece I ever heard in my life.
    One more time some MIDI renditions are fresher than their real counterparts.
    Bravo (and SWAM oboes are stunning)!
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Excellent! Marvelous!

Mama Mia! Where did you find all of those talented LIVE musicians? Talk about realism...this is the epitome.

Thank you for posting this inspiring Herr Handel work. Congratulations for this wonderful rendering.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Excellent production Fabio. It is very "alive" and hard to differentiate from a live performance or recording. You have achieved a degree of perfection with this rendering and I congratulate you.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Red face Re: Inviting you, my friends to my Haendel WaterMusic "performance"...

Hello! So nice to see all of you still there, and thanks for listening to my music and for the comments...

Down in 2004 I decided to have a special Christmas gift, GPO... I had to wait round 50 days... it was sold out,
    but when I started using it I was so happy, and the forum was the place to share my happiness with enthusiasts like me.

Now we have new tools, some of them really promising... and now look forward to the future!

Randy,
    you are a gentleman! (as usual by the way) thanks for the advice, I agree with your point.

Larry, I love the way you write! (both music and posts )

Fabio, grazie Lei è fin troppo umano

Jack, I hope listening soon your Xmas music! (mine won't be so great this year, but at least still has a fugue inside LOL)

Truly extraordinary! Great balance, attack, control of duration - everything here is handled so superbly (sorry for the pun!). What a treat.

Thanks for this. You have raised the bar on realistic rendering. Can we call it the "Fabio Line"?
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

One of the best I've ever heard......!! Congratulations. What is that about the SWAM(P) thing?

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    ...What is that about the SWAM(P) thing?
    I had never of it before either. But Google is our friend. Here's the website:

Sample Modeling

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    One of the best I've ever heard......!! Congratulations. What is that about the SWAM(P) thing?

Raymond
    to make a long story short, SWAM is for the solo winds instruments of S.Lucato (distributed by SampleModeling), the same ARIA is for G. Garritan collections: the player and sound engine.

Go Back to forum