• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finally found the forum

Share/Bookmark

Finally found the forum

I was getting very frustrated at not being able to find the forum when I accidentally clicked on the Cloud thing and found a link on that page. None of the other forum buttons work - from anywhere.

Re: Finally found the forum

Good heavens, Tom! That must have been very frustrating.

Boy howdy, you need to set yourself up with some handy shortcuts to the Forum! I don't know how I'd get by without being able to jump right in whenever I want.

Here's a screenshot with my browser open to a new tab. That's the display I have for new tabs, and I've added arrows to the shot to show you the big icon shortcuts to both General Discussion and The Listening Room. The top arrows are pointing to the smaller shortcuts in my browser toolbar, so even when I don't have a new tab open I can jump to a Forum page. No need to ever go down to that Forum Jump when I'm on one Forum - I use one of those shortcuts in the toolbar.

Get yourself some shortcuts so you're not at the mercy of looking for links scattered around the web!

Randy

Welcome Back Tom.

AH AH, GREAT DESKTOP PICTURE BTW, RANDY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    ...AH AH, GREAT DESKTOP PICTURE BTW, RANDY!!
    Thanks, Fabio! Here's my actual desktop, with the browser minimized. I currently have a slideshow rotating through a collection of Boris Karloff pictures - Just in time for Halloween!

Randy

Now I understand. I didn't know all this was happening.

Tom,

The official Garritan Forum is still not up yet. There is no way to
    get to the forum until it launches. I apologize for the inconvenience but when
    it does launch, we will expect the links to work and you will then be able to
    post and communicate with the other Garritan users.

In the meantime the
    Northern Sound forum is still available. It is the old Garritan forum and can be
    found at this link:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...itan-Libraries

We
    no longer support this forum because we have been working on the new official
    one. You may join at your own risk as we will not be managing or operating
    within this forum anymore.

Please feel free to respond to this case if
    you have any further questions about this issue.

Chester Y.
    MakeMusic
    Customer Support

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    ...We no longer support this forum because we have been working on the new official
    one. You may join at your own risk as we will not be managing or operating within this forum anymore...
    Pretty funny - MM never "managed" or "operated" this Forum. But I've seen Chester blowing smoke before.

You see this post, PaPaChalk? Bet you're surprised to find out that you actually haven't been maintaining this Forum yourself - that MM's been doing the work. Ha!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Pretty funny - MM never "managed" or "operated" this Forum. But I've seen Chester blowing smoke before.

You see this post, PaPaChalk? Bet you're surprised to find out that you actually haven't been maintaining this Forum yourself - that MM's been doing the work. Ha!

Randy

You are correct Randy, MM NEVER SUPPORTED THIS FORUM. In fact, they have used northernsounds.com via a link from their site as their “official tech support” without asking our permission or us giving our consent. This has been going on since 2011 – they have been exploiting this site without even having the decency to connect with us. This community was created long before Make Music decided to buy out Garritan. Earlier this year, after using our site for over 2 years, MM made their initial (and subsequently only) contact with regards to the Garritan database.

It really goes to show what MM really thinks of this community/forum and us as admins. They USED this community, the forum and its users for many years. They didn't even ask us to use the forum and quite frankly it's insulting that they would insinuate that they ever had anything to do with supporting and or running this forum ever. MM has never "managed", “operated" or “supported” this forum in any way as they claim. Instead, they have used us as admins, and our community of users as their “official tech support forum” and “community forum”. As you know, it takes resources to operate this or any site. Northersounds.com has never received a cent from MM, but has continued to keep this community up at our OWN EXPENSE for many years. What’s really disgusting is the timing of this message after the recent problems with the forum. While we were trying to fix the issues with the recent attacks at no point did MM contact us to see what was going on or even offer help; all the while they still maintained their links to our site as their “community forum”. We had users here who made reference to that previously. As usual, the help came from the community itself.

This message from Chester seems intended to divert this community away and or shut us down by whatever means so they can exploit and monetize what this community has brought together. From what we know as admins, what we've heard and what we have backed up in our database this isn't even the half of it. NOT GOOD!!!

Go Back to forum